What is Love: The MOTHER 3 Story

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE! Glad to see this is back, NaP. =3

EDUT: You've made me start playing it now XD

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  2. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Ooh, Draga, I'm glad you've started playing again :eek: It's such an awesome game, it should be played as many times as possible. Nice names, btw xD

Yo anyways here we go again. Chapter 1 continues with DragoQuest: The Legend of ElFalcon

[​IMG]

(Huh? Oh yeah, I remember this.)

(Sassycat and the kids were leaving to go visit that crazy old coot up in the mountains....)

[​IMG]

(...But I couldn't think of anything to say.)

[​IMG]

Hey, wait.

[​IMG]

...Nah, it's nothing. See you later.

[​IMG][​IMG]

(Then they were gone. Heh...I sure fucked that one up. Guess even I can't win 'em all...)

[​IMG]

You've got a lot of nerve, Sassy, losing to that Drago. I could've won that fight, dammit.

[​IMG]

I mean, now who's going to look after those two brats? Sheryl always liked you better anyways.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know. You have to go.

But hey.

[​IMG]

I always loved you best, Sassy.

[​IMG]

I woke up with a hell of a headache and that dream still floating in front of my eyes. I didn't really care where I was for a minute, just laid there and stared at the ceiling.

Naturally, Bronson took this opportunity to come over and annoy the hell out of me. Nobody in this town has any concept of a moment.

[​IMG]

“You have the honor of being the first.”

As if nobody expected it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Damn, I was kind of hoping they'd at least end up in the hospital. Are you sure they don't have...head trauma or internal bleeding or something?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's gonna be the friendliest damn corpse you ever saw pretty soon, so don't worry about that.

[​IMG]

“I know you must be having a hard time with this, but try to get some sleep.
    The Drago fang that was stuck in Sassycat's chest...I'll hold onto it for you. When you get outta here, come drop by my house to get it. Don't forget, now.”

Why would I want that lousy piece of shit? Screw you.

Bronson left without saying anything else. As a testament to my legendary badassery, he also left the door locked and took the key with him. Breaking out of jail? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

[​IMG]

Well, I guess it's time to get this show rolling.

[​IMG]

For starters, the windows were about twelve feet up the wall. Who built this place? What, were they planning to stuff that old bellringer guy in here? He always did seem pretty shady....

Anyways, I spent a few more minutes examining the piss-poor decor in the cell, which nobody had bothered spending a lot of time building because we all knew that the only time it would ever get used was if I went on the warpath...which actually did end up happening so whatever.

Just as I was about to ram down the rusty piece of shit that passed for a door, somebody burst in.
  3. NotAPumpkin

It was Tordeck.

[​IMG]

Son, what did I tell you about redundant statements?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Tordeck took out an apple just then and slid it between the bars, looking around sneakily. The apple looked....suspiciously shiny.

[​IMG][​IMG]

NO CORE IS TOO HARD FOR ME TO EAT

WHATEVER THAT MEANS

Tordeck gave the apple an extremely meaningful look before turning to go. He stopped near the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“Dad, I....”

Then he ran out the door.

*sniff* Son I am so proud of you.

[​IMG]

There I was, alone with the apple. Its blood-red shininess stared into my soul.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I decided not to examine it too hard before cramming the whole thing in my mouth. It tasted...red delicious.

A few bites in it became pretty obvious that this was no ordinary apple, but I ignored the loud grating noises in favor of chewing EVEN HARDER.

[​IMG]

I just ate an apple so hard it shat out a nail file. Well, only one thing to do now.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I DON'T NEED NO NAIL FILE TO OPEN A DAMN DOOR, WHO DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?

But then again, Tordeck's a pretty good kid. Ehh, why not. Might as well not waste his effort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side notes: "I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!" Is actually one of my favorite lines in the game, probably because it's ridiculously tragic.

In another aside, how do I emotion
    ...or comedy, for that matter.
  4. NotAPumpkin

[​IMG]

Outside, the sun was shining and the birds were singing and I just wanted to punch the world in its stupid cheerful face. A little down the path, Axl Rose was standing there. He didn't seem surprised that I had just broken out of prison.

[​IMG]

Yeah?

[​IMG]

Then don't say anything, dammit.

[​IMG]

“I can't say I know how you're feeling.”

[​IMG]

“Sheryl has been crying at her grave ever since. His poor little heart seems as if it's about to break in two...”

No, he's just like that.

[​IMG]

Well, I guess I better go to the graveyard...

[​IMG]

...But naturally, I went to the beach first. FUCK YOU, BIRDS.

[​IMG]

EVERYTHING IS BULLSHIT

With that out of my system, I headed into town.

[​IMG]

Children. Dammit.

[​IMG]

Only if I get free stuff.

[​IMG][​IMG]

“It's really yummy stuff!”

The smile the kid was wearing was really starting to make me question what I had been putting into my mouth this whole time.
    I decided that it was a good idea to get out of there as fast as possible.

Dropped in at the mayor's place on my way by, too. Lousy son of a bitch.

[​IMG][​IMG]

“Really, it wasn't me!”

Yeah, right. Just like you weren't the one who outlawed black licorice. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE CANDY, DAMN YOU.

I stormed out of there and headed up towards the crossroads on my way to the graveyard, where that huge looming guy was looking down at me all silent like.

[​IMG]

What the hell are you looking at???
  5. NotAPumpkin

[​IMG]

When I finally made it up to the graveyard, there were a bunch of people standing around and crying in the north-east corner. I went to talk to Tessie because she was the least terrible person to speak to, but that isn't saying much.

[​IMG][​IMG]

“....and then suddenly dashed off...”

Huh. Alright. Wonder where the little punk's gone off to, anyhow.

I barely got a few steps further up the path when this blubbering tub of lard appeared in front of me, sobbing like someone trying to play a violin with a cinder block. While scratching a chalkboard. And drowning a cat. All of my instincts screamed “USE THE HARPOON GUN”, but unfortunately I had left it at home.

[​IMG]

“Sassycat....Waaaaaaah....!

The walking afro next to her wasn't much better.

[​IMG]

“She barely got to live life! Wouldn't you agree? I can't not drink at a time like this...”

This graveyard isn't big enough to hold all the people who are going to be dead by the end of today.

Then there was this little girl.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kid I have no sweet clue.

[​IMG]

“When is a while? Tomorrow?”

Yeah, probably.

[​IMG]

Do you even know what a condolence is, chubby?

Up at the gravesite, some of the slightly less unbearable citizens were standing around.

[​IMG]

You and me both, old pal.

[​IMG]

Huh. Nice touch. Yeah, she always liked these big damn things...
  6. NotAPumpkin

Sheryl, predictably, was sobbing his eyes out in front of the grave, and for once I didn't have the heart to tell him to shut up and take it like a man.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Mom can't even punish me anymore now...I...don't want it like this..."

Yeah, sorry, kid. Me neither.

The crazy old coot....well, Sassy's dad, I guess, was there too.

[​IMG]

“I haven't been to the village in a while, but I rushed straight here when I heard about Sassycat. Just after I had such a wonderful time with my grandkids......”

[​IMG][​IMG]

"He said he was going to see you, but then never came back..."

Huh? Nah, he took off on me. Dunno where he's gone off to.

[​IMG]

Sheryl looked real shifty for a second.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh. Oh, shit. Oh no.

[​IMG][​IMG]

“....Aah!”

Son of a murdering, goddamn....!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dammit, who does he think he is? ME?

“Sheryl! Why didn't you stop him!?”

[​IMG]

“I said I wanted to go too, but he said no because he was going alone....”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sheryl stared at the ground, doing his whole lip-trembling and sniffling bit, then ran off sobbing loudly.

[​IMG]

Welp.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Things just keep on getting better and better, huh?

[​IMG]

“We're gonna need the proper equipment first! Get a weapon to fight Dragos with, and then hurry to my place.”

Normally I would say screw that, but I just want to get this done as quickly as possible. I'll be there, old man.
  7. NotAPumpkin

I dashed back into town like a manatee on a mission, which I was except not a manatee. Time to see what this town has to offer in advanced killin' implements.

[​IMG]

Wait, no, I forgot where Alec even lives. DAMMIT. Luckily Mapson was on a bench nearby.

[​IMG]

YES SO GIVE ME ONE

QUICK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ok, there's one thing down....

Well, let's see.

[​IMG]

So there's where I am, the little red-dot-inside-a-white-dot down there...

[​IMG]

And Alec's house is...way the hell up there!? That bastard, I don't have time for this.

Better go arm myself.

I can only fit 20 images in a post :<
    Well I guess it's making me condense a little, which is probably for the best. My technique isn't that great yet.

I have come to realize that I should include technical gamey things for people who haven't played, like the cool rhythm-y battle system in place and stuff. I'll explain it next time though, because I'm tired and because I'm going to be fighting with in next time anyway.

So yeah, until next time.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  8. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

I can up the image limit if you'd like, just ask and I'll oblige!

Also I wish I could be that passionate about maps, it's really quite inspiring.
  9. NotAPumpkin

Oh please do :D
    I will be forever in your debt, or at the very least for five minutes. Quadruple posting is kind of a pain.

(Also yeah, Mapson is a boss! If only we could all be that passionate about maps...the world would be a better and less explorable place.)
  10. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Okay the limit is disabled, but if I see anyone abusing this in the chat threads it will be put back in place.
    Enjoy! :)
  11. NotAPumpkin

<3 <3 <3

You are the cat's pajamas, Almonds.
  12. Nopad

Nopad Guest

I been playin dis 2
    i'm on chapter 7
  13. NotAPumpkin

:eek:
    Have you gotten to Tanetane island?

It is....
    special.

Also I decided I will try to update this on weekends, hahahahaha
    I can't wait to finish this chapter and get to be somebody else....
  14. Nopad

Nopad Guest

no i'm in the
    chimera lab
    it is t00 sp00ky
  15. NotAPumpkin

I hope you had fun messing around with the godless grinning machine there, Nopad.

Meanwhile, no updates because MIDTERMS. Oops. Sorry.