This Thread Seems A Little Sketchy... [Art]

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by inexpediency, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Holly

Holly Guest

Oh my gosh thank you!
    :0 sure!! I was just going to bed now though!
    For now, here is a doodle I just did, of Taylor wearing the clothes I wore today! not quite her style, but I just really wanted to draw them haha
    [​IMG]
    and better relative height difference!
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Oh! Well take your time, then!

Also, thanks for the art! Taylor is really short, isn't she?
  3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

filed under games i'm not able to make and might not ever be able to make due to limitations, here's some sketches i did tonight for what's sort of like SotC meets 3rd Person Action Hack n Slash gameplay in a post-apocolyptic setting of sorts.

main character's face there is slightly too masculine and she has no forehead [whoops]. need to practice more.

I decided to give her that half-shaved head with combed over hair or whatever it is when i was drawing the hair cuz like why not

also eyebrow game p. strong
  4. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Man, nice drawings LL! That is p much my favourite hairstyle to draw so you get thumbs up from me for that, but yeah you gotta work on dem face proportions.

Back at school this week so doodled some more of my mask lady:
    [​IMG]
    Trying to figure out her masks.
  5. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

[​IMG]

Obviously copied from a picture, but I wanted to practice painting in grayscale and I thought the metallic surfaces would be good. The grayscale part took forever and then I slapped on some color in about five minutes just for fun. I think it turned out pretty good for just a practice exercise!
  6. Holly

Holly Guest

@MrLL: aw yis ?undercut? hairstyles and strong eyebrows have a special place in my heart
    the sword looks cool too; is the cross guard and pommel (I totally looked that up) crystals, or metal shaped like that?

@canoe: aaah it looks so good. I like the shading on the animals, and her nose is so cute! her whole face looks reall well put toether

@inexpediency: :0 wait so did the original picture have no/simple shading?
    damn all those little details; and the metal really looks the part!

I hven't been drawing much of my own art lately, but here are some of my panels from a fanventure I'm helping with
    [​IMG]

Short flash I made all the art for

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    that last one might not look like much but GOD I kept forgetting things. I saved and uploaded it like six times
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  7. [​IMG] [​IMG]

monster-hunter girl, she punches monsters out and puts them in chokeholds to take selfies w/ them to send to her parents. her "tattoos" on her arms are actually some sort of symbiotic parasite that gives her chitin armor on her arms should she need to punch/block something.
    I didnt put it in the mugshot cuz I forgot/am lazy.
  8. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

these are a couple months old (and also shrunk I guess) but

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

people seemed to like the wheatley one a lot and the other one turned out okay too even though drawing glados is like...hella impossible (so many parts)

I'm kind of trying to figure out a combination of mypaint + photoshop that works well for me because I really like mypaint a lot (infinite canvas, not cluttered workspace, runs very lightweight) but it lacks a lot of the features that photoshop has and as far as I can tell there's no way to preserve layers when switching between them so I'm still trying to figure out a good process

I'm also trying to figure out digital painting in general and also figuring out how to draw humans (I drew Chell without reference except for the clothes so I was pretty proud of myself!!)