The Transgender Thread

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Blank_, May 21, 2016.

1. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Hello yes, it's me

Uhh, I've been playing in an RP group lately, and I'm thinking of playing a trans male/non-binary fella.

Anything I should do/not do/be aware of? I've been doing research, but I also like to have anecdotal stuff.

Or is this a big no-no in general??? I like to try and understand other people but I mean...I'm also mildly exasperated when boys try playing girls without giving it due consideration.
  2. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Yeah it's kinda like black face in a way
  3. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

wow thanks

edit: it's moot anyway, I talked to some peeps and did my own research
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

I obviously can't talk about this from a point of experience, but if you're playing it in a respectful manner, is this really the case? Always having to RP someone of your race and sexuality would make for a pretty unimpressive cast of characters. I think it could be an interesting switch of perspectives if you have to face dilemmas that may arise through the eyes of someone of a different race, gender, sexuality or creed, and there's a strong possibility it will never come up and it's just something people accept as part of your character, not a defining trait but just another part of them.
    That being said, I'm talking from the perspective of a very hard to offend bisexual who is notorious for not taking any subject to seriously so I could be just dead wrong and am willing to be corrected.