the things that make you happy/are totally rad thread

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by inexpediency, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

I'm finally not sick any more! And horray Inex! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to be a teacher of any kind, so I'm very impressed. I'm glad to hear about your internship too, congrats! That's pretty cool!
  2. I finally came to terms with gender identity stuff and its made me rly happy!!!! Feels good to be in more control of my life now.
    Blank_ and Triangle Man like this.
  3. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Congratulations!

was expecting you to come out any day now haha
  4. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Excellent and Congrats! Enjoy your newfound sense of well-being! :)
  5. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

I'm not really much of a sports guy, but yesterday my hometown won its first major league championship in over fifty years (the longest in the country)

Feels pretty good I must say
  6. Almost Human

That's awesome! I've never been much of a sports guy either but I went to my first major league ball game a week or two ago and had a lot of fun! That might have had more to do with the beer and company, but still!
  7. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

I got a part-time job at a vet hospital! It's my first real job in the business, so I'm pretty excited :D

Starting a new job is kind of nerve-wracking, but I hope it goes well!
    Blank_ likes this.
  8. Almost Human

Nice! I know that feeling well, I just always tell myself "In two short weeks it will feel like I've been working there forever."

Speaking of working, because of all the insane overtime we've been doing my boss came around to me and two of my coworkers and told us to leave early yesterday. It was three hours early, and that may not sound like much but holy hell it was great! It gave me time to get all my laundry done, get my apartment fully cleaned and get myself feeling like a functioning creature again. I woke up this morning to a perfectly clean place on blankets that still smelled like fresh laundry and with a beautiful fall breeze coming in the window.
    Holy hell did it all just feel perfect.
    Cucurbita likes this.
  9. NotAPumpkin

Having free time is great! I had a day off after working 7 days in a row because I have the two jobs haha. I made pancakes, it was nice.
  10. Almost Human

Oh man, yeah enjoy that day off! We did my friend's baby shower this weekend and I am exhausted but it went super well :)
  11. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I had a date with Alana McLaughlin (seriously look her up on YouTube) and I think maybe she likes me
  12. Almost Human

oh my gosh that's super awesome!! I love her look! How did the date go? I mean, I assume well since you said she may liiiiike you, but I'm super curious and very excited for you!
  13. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

1. That knife spin she does while making breakfast in the interview? She does that all the time. With real knives. It's hot
    2. They made her wear a lot of makeup for that interview. You should see her with her normal complement
  14. Almost Human

That's so cool!!
  15. Almost Human

I got my cast off yesterday! My foot is disgusting and my skin is coming off in absolute sheets and holy hell have I lost all my muscle but things are looking up regardless!
  16. NotAPumpkin

Gross! But cool.

Welcome back to the world of bipeds! :D
  17. Almost Human

Bahaha thanks! I can walk again, but I limp like a zombie, I have like, no muscle left!
    And in other good news, I've been doing a lot more drawing again recently. And linework! Gettin' some D&D stufffff dooooooneeeee
  18. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

That's all so awesome! Glad to hear about the leg recovery and the artistic endeavors alike. Hope the new projects are coming along nicely. :)
  19. Almost Human

Thanks! I'll show them all off once the person I'm doing them for approves of everything. Still got some lines to finish before I start on the colours :)
    Speaking of colours; I'll be getting more on my tattoo this weekend toooo!
  20. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

I'm almost done my first year of library school and I've got an interview for a co-op job this summer! It's not a guarantee, but I'm trying to stay positive :)