the things that make you happy/are totally rad thread

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by inexpediency, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

2. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

This is me right now
    [​IMG]

Because with my latest grades having been turned in, I now (unofficially) have my masters degree

And since it is a masters in a formal science I can now ask that people refer to me by the title "Sciencemaster"
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Fuck yeah you can also be a 'Doctor' in my book dude. And as for me, I had a great night tnoghti (see elsewhere on the boards for more details).

My word, what a time to be alive. :D)
  4. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

it dropped like 30 degrees from yesterday and I'm SO INTO IT but by the end of the week it's going to be warm again :'(
  5. Triangle Man

I've almost graduated from school and now that I'm at a point where I've cleared all of my presentations and where my remaining projects will basically sort themselves out, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

The hard part comes later, but that's for Future Triguy to figure out.
  6. Triangle Man

Last night I went downhill skiing after a long hiatus.

And it felt SO GOOD! :D
  7. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

So I'm not super into new years resolutions but one of my friends vowed to play more D&D this year and I've been chosen to be part of the team!
    Guuuuhhhhh I'm so stoked! I've been reading 5e stuff all day!
  8. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Oh man that's rad!! 5e is really fun, I'm in a game with my friends!

What'cha gonna play?
  9. Triangle Man

Congradulations! You are in for a lot of fun and mayhem! :):):)

Fun Fact - I went to see the Pink Floyd Laser Show last night (now at BCIT instead of the Planetarium) and it was a friggin' blast.
  10. Almost Human

NaP: I'm playing an elf bard with charisma through the roof, a ton of skills and really no good fighting abilities. Oh, he's also cursed by his controlling grandmother so he can't refuse a request by an old elven lady.
    I think it's gonna be pretty nuts.

also Tri, that sounds pretty damned awesome.
  11. Triangle Man

It was pretty damn awesome, and a great way to finish off the break! Except that now I'm always on break except when I'm at work...

And that sounds legitimately amazing, AH.
  12. Almost Human

I'mma post some pictures of my character once I have him properly fleshed out
  13. NotAPumpkin

Oh man, awesome! I was playing a bard for a while, it was pretty fun, ehehe. Skills are your bread and butter, it's true...but there are a couple of decent spells you can pick up. Or you can just go Valour and start beating the crap out of people in melee...

I hope that curse comes into play hahahaha. That's amazing. I'm excited for pictures <3
  14. NotAPumpkin

Ice cream cake is the best birthday cake

Also I'm 24, and 2 and 4 are my favorite numbers.
  15. Almost Human

Happy Borthday!! Also Ice Cream Cake really is the best! And Dairy Queen now lets you put different blizzard flavours in it and oh my god it's one of my most favouritst things
  16. ky

ky comfort eagle

birthday! 24 is a good number of years to be.
  17. inexpediency

okay so I was pretty bummed out about not getting into grad school this year (not to mention how much money I wasted on that whole process) BUT I got an internship for summer that should be at least mildly interesting and I think I may try to substitute teach while I'm living at home over the next year and reapply to school in the fall so it feels nice to at least have a plan again
  18. Triangle Man

I'd imagine. It's always good to have several plans lined up at once. :)

I got a filling redone today because it was pushing against my other teeth in such a way as to create a gap that food frequently got stuck in and make the entire gum area sore as hell. Not sure how well it will help both issues, but I guess we'll find out soon! :)
  19. NotAPumpkin

Having a plan does feel really good, Inex...it sucks a lot about grad school, but taking time to regroup isn't always a bad thing. Internships can be pretty fun, depending on what you're doing. I hope yours goes well! And substitute teaching sounds really interesting...do you have a teaching degree? That's pretty cool.

@Tri: It's amazing how many problems teeth can cause, for whatever reason...hopefully that makes it better!
  20. inexpediency

Nope! But in the county where I live, all you need to sub is a high school diploma haha