the dream thread

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by inexpediency, Aug 18, 2011.

1. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

every night, while we sleep, our eyes start wiggling around a lot and our brains cobble together crazy mishmashes of all the brain-gunk we accumulated during the day

and sometimes, when we wake up, we can remember them!

so post them here

I'll start by listing some dreams I can remember:

light night I dreamed I was on a cruise ship and also the Pope was there?

cruise ships are actually a recurring theme in my dreams, and usually they have to do with the elevators

once I had a dream that I was a cat in the cat navy, and some cat pirates wanted me to join their cat pirate fleet. but first I had to pass a test: I had to navigate through some sewers. at the end of it, they told me I had been accepted as a cat pirate, and gave some lip gloss and a tube top as a reward.

when I was little I had a dream that consisted of nothing but multicolored, slowly-moving blobs, like rainbow amoebas under a microscope

it was kinda like something you might see in an acid trip in a movie

ever since I was little I have had recurring nightmares about being in a car and losing control of the car in some fashion. it's always the same car, too, the one my mom used to drive. these were actually highly unsettling and pretty dreadful, and I'm glad I haven't had one in a while.

I also had a nightmare, once, that I was walking through town and suddenly people were throwing molotov cocktails and the sidewalk was kinda tearing up from the ground and it kept switching from night to day and also my friends were dying, so yeah that was kind of awful

but on a lighter note, I once had a dream about a weird silver little ball following me down a dark hallway, and when I pushed a button on it, it turned into a little robot and made "BLEEP BLOOP" noises

back to nightmares: probably the most unsettling one was when I was suspended in a rusty cage in something like a huge elevator shaft; there was no visible floor or ceiling, and it was really dark. there was another girl in the cage with me, though I didn't know her, and outside of my cage there were other cages containing tigers. (wut)

then I heard this creepy lady-voice saying something about no hope and being used for some experiment and at the end she was like "This is project MITZI."

so yeah I have no idea what that one was about
  2. catGenes

catGenes Got a spooky feline

I once dreamed my dad got transferred to the Arctic, and we had a house and everything all set up for us, but then a polar bear came through the front door and chased me upstairs and all the bedroom doors were locked.

Scared the crap out of me, honestly.
  3. He said fully erect

He said fully erect /kill self

I've been having a whole bunch of "nightmares" the past few months that just involve my computer getting a virus. I've also been having dreams about being arrested or getting into traffic accidents.

I have #firstworldnightmares apparently.
  4. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

I could not remember a single dream in Montreal.
    That's a good number of nights without eldritch horrors stalking me

which reminds me of a dream I barely remember where I was being chased by a nigh-omnipotent (though not omniscient and omnipresent, though it definately felt like the latter) shapeshifting demon through a non-euclidean house with shitty perspective.

I won in the end with the power of friendship... somehow... despite no friends being there until the last few seconds...
  5. Traikan

Traikan I have scales

I've had three lucid dreams, all very short.

In the first, I was eating at a small restaurant in a forest with my parents when I realized I was dreaming and I ran outside. I almost woke up because I got kind of excited, so I spun in a circle really fast. Everything faded out for a moment and I was like "CRAP, KEEP SPINNING" and it faded back in and the dream continued. I turned to my parents and said "I'm out!" then I grew a propellerpack from my back and took off. It was not easy to control, and I ended up crashing on a beach which was full of zombies and I was like "fuck, I hope I don't lose control of my dream and get eaten by these zombies" and then, naturally, I lost control of the dream and got eaten by zombies. I woke myself up before it got too nasty, though.

In the second I was... in my neighbor's house talking to a family there. They weren't my neighbors and it wasn't the right house, but whatever. I realized I was dreaming, ran outside, looked at the street and said "TOO BORING!" then I waved my hands and every house turned into a sweet mansion. Then I woke up.

In the third and most recent lucid dream, I was chilling at a pool with a lot of HOT BABES. As soon as I realized it was a dream I knew I had to get up to some shenanigans, so I opened my character sheet and checked my stats. It looked like a D&D sheet and I had 10s in all my ability scores. Not nearly enough. I set my strength to 9999999999 and became so buff I could fly just by flexing my muscles and making manly grunts. I flew over to some of the ladies and hovered there, somehow managing to grunt and say "Ladies." at the same time. They were so impressed that I woke up.

I want to have more lucid dreams.
  6. inexpediency

hahaha those are the best dreams

I've had two lucid dreams, but in the second one, I woke up a few seconds after I realized I was dreaming, so I didn't really get to do anything.

For the first one, I was just sort of wandering around at school, and all of a sudden I realized that nobody else was there. Somehow, from there, my brain made the connection that I must have been dreaming. (It was a really weird feeling, too, almost like an out-of-body experience.) Once I knew I was dreaming, I remembered that I'd always wanted to fly in a dream, so I took off like a superhero and just soared around until I woke up.
  7. Blueberry

Blueberry boobs are always relevant

I've had one lucid dream ever; my problem is that usually when I realize I'm dreaming, i wake up (generally by blinking)

so when I realized I was dreaming and hadn't woken up yet i was like OH SHIT LUCID DREAM. GOTTA DO SOMETHING COOL UHHHH MAKE JOHN AND DAVE MAKE OUT and then they did and it was really hot and then i woke up.

Lamest use of a lucid dream ever??? man I wish i was cool like traikan ;~;
  8. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

I have only had one lucid dream and it wasn't even vivid and I was still acting with that whole dream logic mind thingy
    I mean the first and only thing I did was grow so big I broke through the roof and then I woke up.
  9. inexpediency

I had a dream that Narcissa Malfoy was my math teacher?
  10. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

At least it wasn't bellatrix.
  11. Traikan

Traikan I have scales

Last night I dreamed that I had a lucid dream.

My dream character went to sleep and had a dream involving flying over some river (maybe the Amazon?) and then I watched him realize "Wait, I'm flying! This must be a dream!"

Then he flew around for a while.

I was so jelly.
  12. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

pfffhahaha I would be so mad too, since I've been trying for a year to have one.
  13. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

dinosaurs were attacking the dream-highschool that keeps being a thing and then it turned into a videogame

#heyladies
  14. He said fully erect

He said fully erect /kill self

I dreamed that I was H. Jon Benjamin last night. It wasn't like a dream about me living his life, it was some weird Fight Club revelation halfway through that we had been the same person all along.
  15. i wrote like 5 awesome songs in my dream and i was all stoked about them but

they're all gone
  16. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Is this where dreams go?

If so, I'm crossposting again from the chat, since it is more appropriate for the dreams to go here.

17. inexpediency

I had another lucid dream while I was nappin' today; this makes about the third or fourth

this time it was of the "look at your hands" variety

didn't last very long but

it was neat

e: just realized my avatar is looking at his hands

crazy
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  18. qiam

qiam Guest

i like it when my dreams are video games because that makes it easier to turn them into lucid dreams

my dreams keep being about people who aren't me which is really neat because it's so interesting to see what kind of people my brain can come up with

i wish i could be that creative when i am awake!
  19. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

i dreamed i was a sailor scout and me n my sailor scout buddies were exploring this huge tower trying to find some city hidden inside of it but then almost before we reached the top we ran into four different elemental versions of my urban geo prof and we fell off the tower and landed on our shitty sedan and then i woke up
  20. inexpediency

I'm not sure if this even actually happened, or if it was a dream-within-a-dream kinda thing

but in my dream I was spitting on something, then woke up as the spit was leaving my mouth and realized that I had just spit on my own arm

I am such a ladylike sleeper