The Broken Door.

Discussion in 'Another Basement' started by kaos, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

After somehow surviving a several mile long drop (there was like water or something), George enters one of the buildings. It seems too large to climb in any reasonable amount of time.

Inside is the great hall of a castle as if drawn by M. C. Escher. All six walls have their own gravity. Staircases lead into solid walls, and there are doors and windows on the six "floors". Some of the windows open to parts of the castle much higher off the ground than where our two fearless heroes entered.

Slithering across one of the floor-walls in the opposite part of the room is what can only be described as a "small, two-dimensional black puddle of shadow". A black hand sticks out of it as it moves. As it reaches a wall, it jumps out of the puddle towards the wall, revealing that it is, in fact, an arm with a hand at both ends. The puddle disappears and a new one appears beneath the hand on the next wall, then continues moving towards no direction in particular.
  2. kaos

kaos Currently doing Nanowrimo (<-Shame badge)

3. kaos

[/spoiler]
  4. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

(( Sorry, I was going to write up a nice summary tonight but things got a bit busy. ))
  5. kaos

Its cool. You can still do that if you want. This is more for my own benefit.
  6. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

Kaos said we should RP the mirror hall battle ourselves.

Both Sues fly at each other, and start dueling with their swords. After some fruitless swordfighting, Sue shouts to Deviled that we need to find out what makes them different than us so we can exploit it. Sue notes that while their skill is equal, they are mindless and seek only to kill them.
  7. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Our investigation of the hotel had barely begun before it had run into a significant roadblock in the form of a large swarm of angry pink bats. We did our best to fight them off, but it quickly became apparent that we were fighting a futile battle and thus elected to retreat at full speed. I made use of my boon to give a quick escape to...anywhere but there.

And that was when we ended up on the eighth floor of the building, much to my displeasure. I'd been hoping to avoid coming up here until we'd gotten a better idea of what the hotel was like or at least gotten more 'firepower' or 'experience', so to speak. However, it seemed as though we'd gotten lucky.

"Well, this isn't the worst possible place we could've ended up in," I muttered to myself. Turning to Kent, I said "Do you think we should enter?"
  8. DevilEd

DevilEd Call me BellaDante

Deviled starts running and atemps to drop kick the mirror Deviled, who grabs his foot and throws him into the wall.
  9. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

Sue turns to DevilEd and says "Yeah! You can do it!" but in the resulting distraction gets punched in the face.
  10. Almost Human

"Might as well, but this place is more dangerous than expected." Kent pulls a gun out of his jacket. "Let's be prepared this time."
  11. Triangle Man

"How long have you..." I said before deciding that it was best not to ask. I pulled out my pocket knife, and rested my hand on the doorknob

"We might as well take the plunge," I said. I proceeded to turn on the handle and open the door cautiously, anticipating a trap. Inside I saw...
  12. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

a really angry duck.
  13. Almost Human

"Do you actually know how to use a knife? If so, it might do you some good to use a real one." Kent hands him the second knife from around his ankle. "You're no good to me with that toothpick, and you're even less so dead."
  14. Triangle Man

I was caught off guard by Kent's sudden 'gift', and after that two other thoughts went through my mind. Firstly, that my decision to get a pocket knife for self defense of all things was an example of a good idea that was poorly executed, and secondly, that my partner in this game appeared to be extremely well armed for an 'ordinary traveler'. I decided to file the latter thought under 'things to keep in mind' and proceeded to take the blade he offered me from his hand, pocketing my other knife as I did so.

"Thanks for that...I think...," I said, before taking a careful hold of my new weapon and taking my first step into the North Team Headquarters.
  15. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

Sue gets Deviled's attention with a qucik "heads up!" She flings the sword right past the Other Sue, and Deviled grabs the Fake Deviled and holds him in the way.

"There we go! We have teamwork, they don't."