PLAGUEWORLD: INQUISITION

Discussion in 'Another Basement' started by atomic, Jan 10, 2012.

1. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

sorry about the mess! this is for real serious i promise

THE RULES

phase one: everyone selects a hex with a task and PMs the grid number to me, with THE GRID NUMBER in the subject line and an X in the message body. the travel and work time will be reported back to the rest of the cast to kick off the second phase! time is determined thusly: five minutes per hex traveled between the starting hex and the task hex, including the task hex but not the starting hex. after task is completed, the same counting rules apply from the new starting location (current task hex) to the ending location.

phase two: during phase one, sabotage or murder may have occurred! using the information you have (the nature of the crime (task of x length, murder, other stuff i may decide on later, etc)) you will VOTE on who you think did it! after the initial mass voting, the leading two candidates will be the victims of a runoff election, and, if everyone decides to kill the winner, the winner will be killed! if you all were right, hoooraaayy! you win, the day is saved! if not, rinse and repeat

there are some more specific rules i'll be coming up with as situations arise, probably, but this should be enough for the test round

this is the bare bones

below the spoiler are rambling, confusing rules! open if you dare!

THE COMPLETE RAMBLING UNORGANIZED RULES

there are two phases! the first is the ACTION PHASE, wherein you will navigate through areas to accomplish objectives:

it takes X time to reach location A and perform action 1
    it also might take X time to reach location B and perform action 2
    or it could take X time to just reach location C

the time a move takes can exceed the length of the ACTION PHASE, it simply means you'll be absent from the NEXT PHASE, which may be suspicious!

FOR EXAMPLE

if your destination hexes was 4 hexes away, it would take twenty minutes to get there, twenty minutes back. if someone is gone for forty minutes, you could assume they traveled four hexes away and then came back. if they're gone for forty five, then when they reached their destination, they performed a five minute task.

you will have to deduce who went where and who is being honest! some tasks will take multiple turns to complete (you will have to return, enter THE NEXT PHASE, and then in the ensuing ACTION PHASE you'll go back and do it again)

THE VOTING PHASE

WHO WAS WHERE? WHO DID WHAT?

talk amongst yourselves, in thread or in PM, with any degree of honesty, about the locations you visited, and try and figure out WHO THIS VILLAIN IS. you will VOTE IN THREAD to decide WHO IS GUILTY AND WHO MUST BE KILLED. if you are NOT 100% CONFIDENT ABOUT KILLING A TEAMMATE, YOU MAY AGREE TO NOT DO SO.

IF YOU HAVE PERSONAL CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT A PERSON IS GUILTY BUT NO ONE WILL VOTE FOR THEM, YOU MAY PM THIS TO ME TO LET ME KNOW THAT IF YOU ENCOUNTER THEM IN THE FIELD, YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND KILL THEM

if you DO NOT LET ME KNOW THIS then it will be assumed that EVERYBODY IS FRIENDS AND WILL PLAY NICELY IF THEY SHARE A HEX

if you were NOT OUT ON THE MAP DURING PHASE ONE FOR WHATEVER REASON, YOU MAY STILL VOTE

all i will tell you is if you shared a hex with somebody, or depending on circumstances, who is in adjacent hexes!

FOR EXAMPLE

if goggleman and almost human shared a square, i would tell each of them that the other was also there! maybe tesseract was in a square that took the same time to reach and work in, and he says he shared the square with them. it would be their word against yours!

ALL THAT CAN BE ASSUMED IS THAT YOU SHARED A SQUARE WITH SOMEONE and that while you shared the square, they were not up to no good.

if a round seems to be happening and you have no idea what's up, there is a 95% chance that it is definitely my fault! PM me that you didnt get a thing and I WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET A THING

and so we begin!

The plague was virulent and efficiently lethal. The planet wept souls as it rotted from within; the purge was too slow, too inefficient to stop the rampant spread. Squad after squad of torchbearers had descended into the city and squad by squad their signals went dark. As Aleph squad watched impotently from the clifftop, the commandant wiped bloody phlegm from his epaulets and turned his back on the city. "Burn it," he gestured,

"Burn everything."

The engineer radioed to high orbit and soon twelve million tortured souls were dust and ash on the wind. It was only when the ground transport was three clicks out from spaceport that the commandant's symptoms took hold. The skin began to slough from his hands and face and a bloody slurry leaked from his pristine dress blues. Brother Francesco, maskless, threw himself at the commandant, taking them both out through the vehicles rear hatch. The driver did not slow.

The spaceport offered no hope for Aleph squad. Rabid, frightened crewmen had mutinied and the ensuing riot had rendered both remaining shuttles inoperable.

Again, the engineer called to the Dawn Bastion, whose captain held her steady forty thousand miles above the surface. Word had been passed down that the planet would be wiped clean. It appeared that the remaining members of Aleph squad were the last survivors. This handful of frontline combat veterans need to find a way offworld before the plague claims every last one.

The wind howls through the wreckage.

How many survivors are there?

TRIANGLE MAN
    VARKARRUS
    SIRANAE
    GOGGLEMAN64
    BANDAGES
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I'm in. Hope I don't die first this time!
  3. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

4. In again!
  5. goggleman64

goggleman64 Incredibly So

"Italian Rarebit"

I am in and will attempt to post at least once​ this time.
  6. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

b&ages

on the case
  7. I guess I'm back to being somewhat addicted to the internet. This includes playing fun games that I don't fully understand. I'm in again.