One Wild Wasteland

Discussion in 'Multi-Media Adventures' started by Swari, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

Alright, so I read a PC Gamer article about a guy who installed a shitton of mods to Skyrim and played through the game, documenting all the weird shit he experienced. I decided to do the same thing with Fallout: New Vegas after finding out Oblivion can't run 10 mods without exploding.

So I have 150 randomly chosen mods installed on my computer for New Vegas, and I've decided to record my experiences here in this thread. I'll even take suggestions on where to go and what to do (under reasonable circumstances; for example, I refuse to do the DLC's until I reach the minimum requested level), seeing as this is in the Multi-Media Adventures subforum.

The rules are: I will be playing on Hardcore mode (adding hunger, thirst, sleepiness, and gradual healing stimpacks and radaway) and I will leave all mods active unless they break the game (not as in being too overpowered, I mean literally crashing New Vegas). I will wander this bizzare wasteland as Nikki, the most albino Hispanic in existence. She is just oozing with charisma and luck, albeit a bit below average in all her other SPECIAL stats. She is well-skilled at bartering and moderately skilled at repair, lockpicking, and speech.

[​IMG]

The game starts off familiarly enough, being pestered by a plethora of messages. However, these messages appear to be for some of the things I downloaded rather than informing me of all the DLC and weapons I had already installed. Container sorting! No more hostile assassins! A mysterious note!

As I awaken, I am greeted by Dr. Mitchell as well as two other beings:

[​IMG]

One is a cyborg canine named "Hell Hound" and the other is a Legionary in a metal suit. Both of them are following me around, so I can only assume these two are my Companions. The rest of this introduction goes uneventful. There's a few new traits, one which I end up picking (get 5 extra skill points but you only get a new skill every three level ups instead of two), and I also get a sweet Tron-themed PipBoy. If only the display was edited to match the new blue theme.

[​IMG]

Before leaving, I take a note addressed to me, informing me that my parents are both dead. Man, I sure don't feel as lucky as I am. It tells me to meet him at his ranch to talk about some inheritance. Might as well check it out.

As soon as I leave the doctor's house, my Legion companion immediately starts attacking some other guys in metal suits. He's killed within 5 seconds, mostly due to the fact that there's 10 of these guys just standing around in the middle of town.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They apparently work for the NCR, named "Contract Killers." What does that mean? I don't know, I'm given no dialouge options except for Goodbye. I figure since I already have some weapons and armor from the DLC that came with the game, so I should be fine without talking to this Sunny lady. I set my PipBoy for this mysterious ranch and head on out. My Hound and I make quick work of some coyotes. After taking the dead beasts' hides, I only take a few steps forward before I see... him.

[​IMG]

OK, that's a lie. What I see first is two Super Mutants running away from Mr. N. My dog is quick to attack, despite being knocked unconscious in one punch. Yes, even in hardcore mode Hell Hound cannot be killed, which may be convenient with enemies like Mr. N now in the game.

How bad is he? Well, for starters I emptied my grenade launcher on him and didn't even take out half his health. He also moves very fast, and killed me with just one punch. Take note that he also has a sword. That's right: he thought I was so weak he didn't even want to wear out his sword the little bit chopping me in half would do.

[​IMG]

OK, maybe I'll stay in Goodsprings awhile. And when I do leave, I won't be going in that direction for awhile.

OK, first thing's first: getting rid off all this armor and weapons I don't need. I sell all of my unused things, and bought me a few food products to help stave off hunger later on. I also notice that he's selling several army hats, all with their own unique stats. At 48 bottlecaps I end up buying one of them as well, although I think I may have been gypped.

[​IMG]

I ended up selling it back to him. To me, going bald and looking like a red diamond with a white exclamation point wasn't worth an extra 25 action points.

Sunny was apparently gypped by this guy as well, although she seems to wear her Exclamation Suit proudly. She trained me how to use a gun so I could go sneak up on and kill some geckos, because Lord knows she definitely couldn't sneak up on anything.

Up near the water valves there was a refrigerator with a pile of bones and an adventuring hat inside. Apparently someone thought they could avoid the war Crystal Skull style in a lead-lined refrigerator. Guy got what he deserved. I stole his hat to add insult to inj... death, and killed a Powder Ganger wearing some experimental camouflage clothing.

[​IMG]

I go back to Goodsprings to lastly check up on Victor and see what he's up to. I can't find him, so I end up checking out his house.

[​IMG]

Victor's a pretty fucked up robot, let me tell you.
  2. DevilEd

DevilEd Call me BellaDante

AHAHAH, oh god this can only end badly, how much of this are you going to do.
  3. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

Honestly I don't know, I might actually skip the DLC's if I don't notice anything new in them within the first 30 minutes.