[ New Forum Styles Announcements ]

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by Almost Human, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Some valuable lessons were learned while playing with the new AH style.
    Now I am ready to start the new real one.
    And no I didn't make these from scratch, that would be impossible for me.
  2. while this is fine+dandy and I am using it right now (to great satisfaction it is seriously very nifty) is there any way I could make a user theme re: lithuanian meth (I do not have any programming knowhow)

I promise (fingers are crossed behind back) a theme equal to or greater than this

the message area is #ff00ff, while text color is #ff00dd, making every thread an adventure in highlighting
    also the "reply" bar background color is the same color as the reply buttons

(e: one suggestion for this theme is to make links stand out more)
  3. Almost Human

Yes! Anyone and everyone is welcome to make their own themes! I would just need you to send me all the appropriate files to upload via email. Unfortunately I can't really guide anyone through what these appropriate files are since I'm quite terrible at this myself, but I encourage anyone to do what I did and download a free theme or two, take a look at what's inside, open a manual and an FAQ and just start experimenting! Once you have something that works to your liking, I will gladly upload it!
  4. Isoraqathedh

Isoraqathedh Anadai Mištšú

I'll see about making my own two. Probably just a recoloring, but I do like the idea of changing the colors (and maybe even parts of the layout if I were to go wild with the CSS) to the point where basically everything is some kind of accent of #AF2303 and #FFC800, which are my own color pair.
  5. Almost Human

I encourage anyone who wants to make their own themes, my project will be on hold until I stop trying to drink my way out of my current state in life.
  6. Hm, maybe I'll give this a go. Looks like it could be interesting.
  7. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

This has nothing to do with anything but I love your current avatar Siranae
  8. Nopad

Nopad Guest

Um thoecurrent page is not highlighted with this skin
  9. Haha, thanks Bandages. You can probably guess where the inspiration for it came from :p
  10. Almost Human

So here's the deal: We have a new forum style.
    Unfortunately it still has a few bugs: The profile page is a bit messed up and the reply buttons are invisible. I have googled the shit out of these two problems and tried every fix I can to no avail. So....If anyone has a fix, I wouldn't mind a heads up (I've replaced the sprite.png and reset the postbit.css, neither worked).
    Enjoy if you enjoy!
  11. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

THIS THEME

IS BEST THEME
  12. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

I was gonna suggest a sawry theme.

But then I realized that would take too much effort to execute properly so I guess it'll remain a funny concept.
  13. ky

ky comfort eagle

asdjksljdf the text filter

points scored.
  14. Almost Human

Man, if you want to make a Sawri theme, I'm down! Just make it uploadable and I will upload!

I was going to add a few more but I didn't want to make it overwhelming.
    I have some plans for my next theme though.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
  15. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

Wow AH great job with the new theme, you got my likeness exactly right.
  16. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

:srain::srain::srain::srain::srain:

e: "mark forums read" does this
  17. Oh my King of all Cosmos AH I love the new forum theme. Bugs aside that banner is wonderful :sun:

Edit: ...Now that wasn't there when I posted this.
    >.> I see what you did there.
  18. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

The little forum directory buttons near the top of the page (the ones that go Forum -> Culture -> The Arts etc) do not seem to be clickable in the new theme.
  19. Nopad

Nopad Guest

The current page is not lit up. I'm not sure if this is on purpose.
  20. Almost Human

I haven't found fixes for the Chatamari Style yet, but we have another new one that seems relatively bug free!
    The 'quick style chooser' is the only thing that seems broken right now.