Let's Play D&D (5e)!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Whelp.
    It finally happened.
    I got kicked out of my D&D group. Apparently my new character was too offensive. My last character drank to excess and tried to fuck everything that moved, but this new one just crossed the line.
    Meet Brother Finn:
    [​IMG]

His crime? Handing each of the PC's a pamphlet and asking if they wanted to hear about Chaos Jesus.
    Seriously.
    He wasn't pushy, he just offered the info if they were curious, and one character even played along!
    But last night after e wrapped up I was informed that two of the other players were talking about me and had voted me out of the group.
    When I got in there and asked what the problem was I got this:
    "To be honest, I wasn't comfortable....I just don't think Brother Finn is a character that can be played at a table and still respect how everyone else wants fun. After all, the idea that someone would try to change your religion - it's kind of uncomfortable. In real life, I don't like talking to people at religion and faith - and I kind of foolishly thought that it'd be okay in a fantasy game."

Seriously. After a year of dick jokes, after a literal year of racist jabs and jew jokes he writes that to me.
    I have no words.
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

While it's generally a good thing to understand and respect other people's limits, there are also times when the only response to those limits is "This is where you draw the line?" and "Are you for real?"

This is one of those times.

In short, it sucks that you've been kicked out of your group for what is frankly a bullshit reason and I wish you the best of luck in finding a new one going forward.
  3. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

I find I'm really obsessing about this in a way I never have with a betrayal before but I don't know what to do about it. I want to see what they're saying about me but have no way to access it.
    My D&D days are probably done for.