Let's Play D&D (5e)!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Oh man, I'm doing character cards for all the Heart of the Broken Lord NPCs/background characters. Post those so I can copy em
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Haha sure! Here's the rough rough rough sketches I've got done to get approvals from my team:
    Colours, stats, nicknames, proportions, good art, quotes, stats and character names will all be added once I've got the actual character sketches fleshed more out:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Holy dang those are really nice????

I'm really excited to see them when they're done! I love the characters in your party, they seem like a real hoot.
  4. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Fucking awesome fanart, AH! :D

Meanwhile, our group goes places.

[​IMG]
  5. Almost Human

I'm glad you guys like them! I had to take a sick day today so I'm trying to refine the designs a bit now. I'm excited to show you when they're done!

Also I love that for some reason you're either fighting, joining or simply referencing homestar!
  6. Almost Human

I was incredibly sick today soooo:

[​IMG]

That's not my character's quote, we're still polling my group for that
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  7. NotAPumpkin

Awww, Signhere. He looks so wonderfully sassy. Nice piercings, too. Do I....want to know what he's drawing?

Anyway I hope you feel significantly less shitty soon. Being sick is never a good time, even if you get to make bitchin' art in the meantime.
  8. Almost Human

Bahaha he's drawings exactly what you think he may be drawing. Also I'm glad you enjoy his sass!
    Next up we have Loric of the Mire, his quote is also pending:

[​IMG]
  9. Triangle Man

This week's Session in a Nutshell.

[​IMG]

@ AH - Nice Character Sheets. :)
  10. Tesseract

We got into a fight with 2 trees and I got KO'd as soon as the fight started

Got woken up, singlehandedly obliterated the tree that KO'd me with a targeted scorching ray laser. Immediately KO'd again by the other tree, then got woken up and obliterated that one also

The fight only lasted 3 rounds but we soon discovered I'd started a forest fire
  11. Almost Human

You...got ko'd by trees? That's just impressive!

I don't think I did very good on the colours on this one, but I guess I can always change them later:

[​IMG]
  12. Tesseract

Twice, within 12 seconds.

I also single-handedly (barring my teammates reviving me) won the fight within 18 seconds
  13. Tesseract

Update: Some fairies got pissed that I burned down some trees in that encounter and they kidnapped me
  14. Almost Human

That sounds like something fairies would do!

We have a new person playing with us now and I think she's pretty funny. She's basically playing a necromancer who can only relate to the dead and my character has already made her feel prettttty uncomfortable. I think it's going well.
  15. NotAPumpkin

Hahaha. I too, feel I can relate to the dead. That sounds like a fun character.

I'm trying to organize a fey trial for Tess' character in my game, but I get to play a dudebro deer guy in his campaign who is obsessed with PARKOUR, so I still get to dick around and not have to do so much thinking haha.

Although I should try to think of more shitty puns to use in combat....

By the way, by "some trees" Tess means he basically started a forest fire that would have been seriously bad news if he didn't have a nature spirit friend possessing his character. The fey are not impressed.

Also, your last two character cards are looking pretty freakin' sweet if I do say so myself. Loric looks like a huge killjoy and the DM looks like some kind of trickster god haha. I really like the symbols of their hood and their necklace dealies. And Loric has a pretty little flower :eek:
  16. Almost Human

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYS!
    THEY'RE DOOONE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We have a new girl in our group but I don't have a good handle on her character yet so I'm marking these down mentally as finished. I have a plan for my next D&D based project but I need to start sketching before I'm sure if I wanna tackle it or not.

Also thanks NaP! The symbols on the dms hood are literally just Tolkien's elvish declaring how great my character is and how terrible everyone else is :p
    I thought the flower was a fun kind of addition to Loric as well. He grew up in a swamp so I decided he took a piece of it with him. And oh yes, he's a complete mopey baby.[/spoiler]
    Triangle Man likes this.
  17. Triangle Man

Those are amazing! :)

Please tell me that those are all actual quotes that you and your characters have said in game. O_O

Meanwhile, our game continues to go into new and interesting places, such as Tess' trial starting out as a repeat of the Denver Fenton Allen Trial, complete with a terrible character witness, then ending with us somehow succeeding.

It's like an Adult Swim Cartoon except with even more angst. And I love it.
  18. Almost Human

Yep, 100% those are all real quotes. We do not have an overly mature or PC game running, and I love it.

I'm glad the trial somehow went well, it sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure yourselves! I'll have to sit in on another game sometime. It sounds wild!
  19. NotAPumpkin

Please do! We're all hooked up to a voicechat these days, so there's way more bizarre behind the scenes nonsense now. We're on a mission to deal with Prince Alex and his shenanigans so if you want to play one of the characters you made that would be pretty fun.

Your game sounds like it's going pretty good these days, keep us posted on your weird adventures :D
  20. Almost Human

That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to work late the next couple days but guuuhhh I wanna doooo that!