Let's Play D&D (5e)!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Bahaha that's amazing! Is one Lawful Good and one Lawful Evil?
  2. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Hahaha, not even, Akra's like Lawful Good and Willow's Chaotic something probably
  3. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

A guy was being a real dick to us so we took his clothes, cut off his hair and smashed his balls. Our moral descent continues
  4. Almost Human

You can't possibly get worse than our group, we've set three locations on fire at this point.
  5. Almost Human

Also I think I forgot to show you guys a picture I did for our D&D group!
    I'm not super happy with how it turned out, but I think it's slowly growing on me. I'm not a great colourer but I'm trying to get bolder with the colours I use.
    [​IMG]
  6. NotAPumpkin

"Pose like a team, because shit just got real."

Haha, I love the matching jackets. They look like a bowling team. I like the colours, too! Signhere is so short and tiny, aww. Who are your other teammates?

...are you going to set that building on fire
  7. Tesseract

I will take that as a challenge
  8. NotAPumpkin

Oh god don't encourage them AH
  9. Almost Human

Bahaha we actually didn't set that one on fire, but we did collapse it and probably set back golem based sciences for several years.
    From left to right we have Loric of the Mire, a human warrior who mopes his way through the adventure, only showing passion when it comes to the topic of organized religion, (which he loathes) Signhere Ironshield, as most of you know, Tureal, a wood elf thief raised by the drow who has no love but money and Gregor the Hunter, a human hunter who has never actually successfully hunted anything.

Together we are the "Maul Rats", so named because our Barbarian was carrying a 'bouquet' of mauls. I don't know if we get these jackets in universe, but I hope so!

Also, Tess, you are quite welcome to try, but we've already supplied liquor to youths, thrown a woman in the bag of holding (which is not survivable) thrown several people off bridges, burned two villages, defiled a church (and then set it on fire as well), tried to bargain with the undead and gave a small child a sword in hopes that she would become a great warrior and seek revenge.
    Oh and I beat up a guy for not liking my music and rolled two perfect 20's when it came to catching beer bottles.
  10. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

That's actually going to be a pretty hard list to top. The Beer-Bottle Catching is especially great. :)

It's not a list that we should try to top, especially since our transgressions, while few in number and not quite as destructive, are invariably soul-crushing in nature. Such as the numerous homocides, fucking over a town in the long-term and so much other funtimes.

Update - Current Status of Campaign as of Our Most Recent Session

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  11. Tesseract

Last session ended with us killing the town serial killer (who turned out to be prince milton) and teleporting back to the bar so we had somewhere to hide the body

also ecto wrote fanfiction

Triangle Man likes this.
  12. Almost Human

OooooOoo my, a serial killer and a prince whose body is hidden at the bar.
    That's quite a turn of events!
    We won't be playing this week due to everyone but me having lives but I did start designing a twitch overlay for one of our players who wants to stream our sessions. It's a bit weird because he wants to monetize this stuff and I don't know how I feel about being recorded or having my drunken ramblings and stupid scribblings aide in someone else making money but I also don't have the heart to say no.
    It was fun to design anyway.

Also I just don't even know what to say to that fiction either than excellent job, haha!
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  13. ky

ky comfort eagle

if he's going to make money off of it and you're doing work for him, it's only fair that you get a cut! :D

and i never have any idea what's going on in all y'alls sessions but it sounds like fun! maybe someday i'll have the wherewithal to actually commit to a campaign again, lmao
  14. Almost Human

Well he pays me for the art I do for him, but I don't know if I really want a cut of the monetizing so much as I'm weirded out by the idea of it happening at all? I guess? And I can't quite pinpoint why or get my exact feelings on the whole thing into words : /
    I have to admit I do enjoy the whole thing, even if I am a bit glad we're taking a break for this week because everyone (else) was busy.
  15. NotAPumpkin

I'm not about to take credit hahaha

I'm the one who should be paying you here :p
    Er...maybe I should officially commision something.

That being said, your session sounds really fun...I always kind of wanted to try playing in a game where I wouldn't get squished like a bug by the DM for stepping on the wrong side of Lawful, and that has happened to me before.

How is he planning to make money off it even? Are the other players okay with it?

And yeah, Ky, you should play! It's fun :D
    Triangle Man likes this.
  16. Almost Human

No D&D again for me this week. Probably for the best considering I have work I have to do but still, kind of disappointing.
  17. NotAPumpkin

It's no good when work infringes on the things you do for fun....don't push yourself too hard!
  18. Almost Human

Annnnd two of our members can't make it to D&D again this week, but maybe I'll do some D&D related drawing while I go through withdrawal, haha
  19. NotAPumpkin

Mannn the group I'm a player in is having all our members in province so we're having a session in person this week

AH make drawings they are beautiful, I'll try to update you on game shenanigans when I'm less likely to pass out
  20. Almost Human

We lost a player but our D&D sessions are back in the full swing of things!
    I'm doingf player cards for each of us so I'll put them up here when we get a chance. The only issue is that our encounters are really geared towards four people fo we're getting our butts kicked but nevertheless surviving!