Let's Play D&D (5e)!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

I like how our party is a lot less cohesive now. Akra causes us drama, Willow disregards our best interests at the drop of a hat (heh), CB's just really dumb and our NPC guide is incredibly shady. We're not very good friends
  2. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Also surprise twist my character is actually Willow Rescender, a tiefling sorcerer and con-artist and collector of magic artifacts
  3. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Maybe I should try to kill you more

Oh yeah, I should mention that my roommate really wants to play (that's the guy who's always talking in the background and occasionally jabs me in the face with a packet of soda crackers), so he's persusing the Player's Handbook.

Are people amenable to another potential party member? I think he wants to be a ranger.
  4. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

@ Tess - That's a good summary of what's going on. Thank God for Sir Richard as the one with the most leadership skills and least amount of apparent personal problems.

This is probably also why my GM buddy tends to want all of the PCs to have a prior history with each other before the campaign starts, but I'm sure we can marshal something resembling cohesion over time.

@ NaP - Hmmm... I mean adding a new member right now would definitely shake up an already unstable group even more, but on the other hand Let's Do It Anways!

That said, do you think you can handle five charas at once?

And does he have a character idea yet?
  5. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Guys! Guys! At my last D&D, my character (Signhere Ironshield) got squished by a fire elemental and is now in critical condition and also on fire. We ended on that cliffhanger because one of our players had to run to catch a train.
    I've been brainstorming a new character in case he dies. I will post details here when I have them. Until then, carry on discussing your game, it sounds like shits gettin' craaaazy
  6. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

I recommend making a halfling. Especially a highly dramatic halfling. One that is 100% genre savvy for heroic adventures and 0% savvy about "normal" life. Best things ever.
  7. NotAPumpkin

OH NO poor Signhere! I will not rest until I know his fate. I like how you said "at last" like you were waiting for this moment all along. Keep us posted!!

I recommend bird people and tieflings as character options, because I can't help but imagine all bird people as hopelessly neurotic and it's hilarious. Tieflings are just cool.
  8. Almost Human

Haha I was considering a halfling who thinks he's a wizard but is actually a ranger with pretty good slight of hand and the uncanny ability to accidentally convince himself of his own lies.
    A bird person would be cool too, but I don't know if my campaign will allow that. If I did make one though I wonder if I could get away with making one a penguin....

Thankfully Signhere lived to accidentally shoot his teammates another day thanks to some VERY lucky hits by our teams sulky warrior (Loric of the Mire). He then got into town and tried to befriend a dwarven merchant but people are pretty racist against elves in this world so I tried to do so while holding my ears.
    The bluff did not work.

The group also did ask that if Signhere were to die if I'd make another bard, which I could do, I do have the story for another elven bard (Named AH! SNAKES!!) and a dwarven priest of heavy metal.
    Buuut hopefully it won't come to that. This little bugger needs a chance to defeat his half pig adversary.

Oh also here's Loric for anyone interested:
    [​IMG]
  9. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Today's session began with our Con-Artist Mage casting a spell that made her irresistibly attractive to everyone and ended with our Comic Relief Barbarian killing two people in Cold Blood.

I love this Campaign.

@ AH - Your Campaign sounds like pure magic as well.

Loric looks like the kind of person who could go to a comedy show and make the guy on stage feel depressed via his aura alone.
  10. NotAPumpkin

Oh dang I thought I responded to this already, but Loric looks amazing haha. I love the way he's just dragging his weapon on the ground. He looks like he needs a hug!

Okay though, I need to know the deal with AH! SNAKES!! because that name has a story and it needs to be passed down through the ages. I'm glad Signhere survived though.

Meanwhile in our game

uh

Last session was interesting.
  11. Almost Human

Haha I will definitely write out all out all of Snake's silly backstory for you guys tomorrow and see if I can dig up the drawing I did of him a while back.

A note on Loric is that right now he's also cursed and all projectiles that come into his radius hit him instead of their target, which is kinda rough with two bow wielding elves on the team, but hilarious every time, especially with my penchant for terrible rolls resulting in team attacks anyway.
  12. NotAPumpkin

Haha oh dear. Well I guess he has a good reason to be sulky right now. Friendly fire sure adds funtimes to battles, hehe.

In my other D&D group where I'm playing a wizard, I've been KO'd in each of the last...uhh...every battle we've had in a while. I keep standing in locations where the encounters manifest themselves, whoops. At least this time I got to shoot a dragon in the face with a lightning bolt.

Also, the team barbarian has to constantly keep lugging me around and/or catching me when I inevitably fall out of trees, because I'm playing a bird who lived in a cave alone for most of his life and he always sleeps hanging upside-down like a bat.

I'm excited to hear about Snakes!
  13. Almost Human

Frig, our D&D night was short a person so we ended up having board game night and what usually ends at 7 ended at 3 AM. Sorry guy! I will try to find the time away from work to tell you the tale of snake.
  14. Almost Human

Bahaha your wizard sounds amazing NaP! our Barbarian keeps lugging me around too, but mostly as a way to keep me out of social trouble and carrying me out of the room or what not.

So Snakes;

His is a story told many times, the tale of a young, whirlwind romance. One night while cashing in his ale tickets (payment for his performance that night) our young bard was approached by a very attractive young woman who claimed to be the world champion at shark taming. They talked for hours about various charm spells and animals and soon the two found themselves travelling the world finding bigger and stronger creatures to try and tame through song and spell. Throughout their year long quest they also managed, with the help of no spells, to charm one another (awwww) and started up a romance for the ages.
    At the end of their year together he proposed. She said yes, but he'd have to meet her family first.

Thinking nothing of it he travelled to her home town. It was a quaint little town where everyone seemed excessively friendly and all knew each other. Her parents were no different, immediately accepting the new bard into their home and being delighted at the engagement. Their only insistence is that they have a traditional wedding ceremony in line with their religion.
    The ceremony would take place over 16 days and during that time he began to suspect that his girlfriend was a bit more committed to her religion than she was to him. This was confirmed when she came to him three nights before the ceremony's end to tell him that she'd been chosen as the new avatar for their ravenous serpent god. She excitedly told him how she would be sealed in a temple deep underground while she gave birth to her new, hideous, primal godlike form.

The whole idea made him a bit uncomfortable but you agree to strange things when you're in love. She excitedly told him that if he wanted to be connected with her for eternity he could become one of her "pillars", one of four of her closet mortal connections that would keep her appeased and in said temple through special prayers (which consists of closing ones eyes, folding ones hands and basically mumbling 'damn girl, you look fine!) that must be recited once a day until her mind could develop enough to return to the earth and rule them as their true god (in theory, because so far every avatar has just kind of stayed a dickish, giant, evil, magical snake. But hey, it might work this time.)

Unfortunately about a month after her sealing into the temple he realized they really didn't have that much in common anymore and, since the marriage ceremony was never completed, had the entire thing annulled.
    She was none to happy about this, but already having started her transformation had no way to leave the temple and he apologized through prayer.
    He set off to travel the world yet again, still saying his prayers (since forgetting even once would allow her to escape the temple in a semi-godlike form and you know how it is with crazy exes) but doing his best to put it all behind him.
    But his past was not done with him and every time he tried to introduce himself to any woman he found himself inexplicably attacked by snakes, no matter where he was. (Leading to introductions that follow the lines of "Hello there gorgeous, I'm- AH! SNAKES!" and promptly being bitten in the face).

So now he travels the world hoping to find a way to safely stop being a pillar for a jealous, giant snake (who will burst through the air and attempt to kill him immediately should he ever be unable to say his prayers) and officially end their unhealthy relationship.

TLDR; His ex is a giant snake god who will burst through the ground and destroy the land if he doesn't tell her she's pretty everyday through prayers and constantly sends tiny snakes to attack him out of jealousy.

Sorry for the novel, I never know when to stop, haha
  15. NotAPumpkin

HAHAHA that's okay, we don't want you to stop. He sounds like he'd make an...interesting...party member. I'm so jealous of your backstory making skills haha.

Man that would be an awesome character quest, quelling the wrath of a giant snake goddess.
  16. Almost Human

I'm glad you like him! I've got a few more characters in case something happens to Signhere. One is named Park Ranger and he was raised by (and subsequently hates) hippies and zombies. He's kind of a serial killer, haha.
  17. NotAPumpkin

The unholy trio of clerical errors. Fantastic.
  18. Almost Human

I think I shall spend a bit of my day tomorrow drawing dragons now that I'm feeling better! This is related to D&D, haha so posted here
  19. NotAPumpkin

Oh boy! I can't wait.

I really ought to do some planning haha. Glad you're feeling up to it!
  20. NotAPumpkin

The conwoman and the War Priestess somehow forged a good cop/bad cop relationship