Joanie Loves [Chat]chi: TV Chat

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by inexpediency, Aug 2, 2011.

1. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU

JUST WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I'd recommend Durarara! for it's characters and Paranoia Agent for it's storyline.
  3. atomic

I REALIZE LITERALLY NOBODY CARES BUT ME BUT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

why dont the nerds seem to notice that these are basically the same

i started watching giant robbits again i'm sorry everyone jesus ok i'm going to work now
  4. He said fully erect

He said fully erect /kill self

the same way they dont notice that all the other anime characters are basically the same

BOOSH
  5. He said fully erect

thank you thank you im here till tuesday
  6. atomic

i wrote a gundam script

7. atomic

i finished mobile suit gundam, it was v entertaining

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

But you're leaving after tuesday, right?

BOOSH
  9. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I dunno, Satoshi Kon is pretty good about letting his characters run a variety.

Granted, I've only seen like two of his movies and Paranoia Agent, but I'm still willing to defend him as an outstanding writer/director or whatever...

Too bad he died, though.

And I also remember the parts of Alive, the Final Evolution that I read as being pretty damn cool. Speaking of which I should really finish that manga series someday...

Oh, and I started something called Suffering Pariah Kaiji recently and that's proven to be pretty awesome.

In non-anime news, I've taken to watching episodes of Murdoch Mysteries and the first season of Supernatural as of late. Turns out I loves me some mystery and I loves me some ghosts, right?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  10. He said fully erect

my roommates and i watched both seasons of game of thrones over the past week

there were some pretty bad pacing and storytelling issues as a result of the limited budget and really probably excessive amounts of fucking, lots of the episodes just dragged on and on and then some tits showed up in an attempt to hold onto the audience's interest i assume

all the twisting power plays and interweaving storylines are pretty engaging though, and its nice to see fantasy thats not all im a level 20 wizard and im a [strike]hobbit[/strike] halfling lets go find the ancient crystal of fat gay farts before lord unpleasantor uses it to who even gives a rats tit anymore
  11. Traikan

Traikan I have scales

You know what show looks fantastic?

[​IMG]

Tron: Uprising.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hot damn.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5A83fXUikc[/video]

Soundtrack isn't bad either.
  12. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Has anyone watched American Horror Story?

I've been watching Coven as it's been coming out and I am finding it to be easily the best show on the TeeVee.

I also thought Season 1 was dynamite. We don't have to talk about Season 2...
  13. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

all I know about American Horror Story is that someone says the words "baby gravy" at some point
  14. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Oh man, my roommate and I watched the entire first season of American horror story for Halloween!
    I feel it could have done without the last episode, but otherwise was very excellent. I'm looking forward to us starting the second season.
  15. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

A whole jar of it!

The second season is pretty different! Let me know how you like it, because I have thoughts about it vs season 1, but I don't want to give you any expectations.

The last episode of season 1 was pretty meh except for the part with Constance. Jessica Lange (The actress who plays Constance) is my favorite part of the series, and luckily she has a role in every season thus far.
  16. ky

ky comfort eagle

[​IMG]

i'm really happy that this is the name of a TV show now.
  17. ky

ky comfort eagle

[​IMG]

i'm really really happy this is the name of a tv show now