[Intro] Who the Hell Are You?

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Almost Human, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Well that's pretty sweet of you! Hope you enjoy the trip in the future, then! :)
  2. galactic

galactic stupid teenager

Thank you! c:
  3. Holly

Holly Guest

Hello all the awesome people here :yay:
    I had some minor trouble registering (but it worked out thanks to Almost Human (I think??)~) but that got me time to take a good look through all the subforums!
    Questions:
    what is your policy on necro posting?
    and which one is the most general of general chat threads in Sodom?

I have known about this forum for a long time but I didn't really have time or need for taking a closer look! (plus ur all so cool *nervous swoon*)
    recently though, The Places Where I Talk On The Internet have declined in number and then the forum was once again brought up on the mspa forums so I thoguht why not!!
    I go by Holly on the msaforums as well, and HolyCowWorshipper on tumblr and....yeah that's basically the only places I am active. I guess HolyCowWorshipper on deviantArt if you want to see more old art??? ? ? ?? EDIT: oh and I'm also occasionally in the mspa clubhouse IRC!

I'm from sWeden, and well yeah...I type pretty sloppily sometimes. typos + grammar + spelling mistakes are to be expected I'm afraid

I like to draw!! and look at art sometimes so I'll probably be in the Art fourm and do that...Though i'm sad to see it's not very active :srain:
    I also like tv shows and anime, and homestuck and reading and movies and looking at funny pictures on the internet

I think your emoticaons are adorable!! :goest:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Hello! welcome to the forums and all that jazz

as far as necro-posting goes, I don't think anyone really cares so long as what you post is relevant? At least that's how I feel on the matter.

the most general chat is the GOOD [chat] right now I think. [e: yeah it's called a "GOOD" [chat]]

we might be ~cool and hip~ but we're a bunch of nerds
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  5. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

Welcome! :D

I'm pretty sure necroposting is a-ok since it's not like we have that many threads anyway and also we don't have that many people

And like LL said, the true genchat thread is always the one marked with [Chat] (like it used to be on mspaf in the days of yore)
  6. Holly

Holly Guest

Ahh ok thank you! I was confused because I hastily looked at the first page and it seemed like a "only post pics of this guy"-thread :b

One more question: It seems like the post count is random but not really? I'm confused
    again :v
    I can understand that a public post count can be inconvenient, but
    is there some kind of system? I want it to make sense *cry*
  7. Triangle Man

Holy crap, I remember you from the MSPA Forums!

But anyways, it's nice to have you aboard, Holly! We do a lot of chatting in the 'Good Chat' thread and have a Skype Chatroom that can be joined by request. We're...also kind of bad at retaining new members, so we hope you'll give us a chance!

Hope you enjoy the ride! :sun::sun::sun:
  8. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

The post count is normal except that Almost Human dun goofed it up a few days ago while playing around in the forum code (probably looking for an errant bottle of vodka) so now a few of us have turned back into wee forum babes
  9. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Welcome!

The post counts are, for the most part, wildly inaccurate. The number of posts you have isn't all that important around here, so the folks who run this shindig like to mess around with them sometimes. (Same pretty much goes for the join date, too.)

It's not unheard of for all of them to be set back to zero because someone thought it would be a good idea to push the big red button

e: Dang, double ninja'd

That's actually kind of impressive
  10. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Oh hey I remember you from mspaf kind of! I made the scrolling city in your avatar :rain:
  11. Holly

Holly Guest

:sun: :sun: ~all around me are familiar faces~ :sun: :sun:
    Thank you for the lovely welcome; I too hope I will enjoy it here!
    and thanks for the explanation, my curiosty is sufficiently satisifed! I thought it was slightly odd that galactic had tens of thousands of posts after a week or so :v
  12. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Personally, I blame Bandages. I mean, what kind of sadist puts a drunken artist in charge of something so full of numbers? I'd say we're pretty lucky that I've only broken the timestamps, post counts, join dates, registration and spoiler tags so far!

Also, Welcome Holly! It was indeed my incompetent butt you had to deal with earlier, but hopefully we shan't have such issues again, although with me at the wheel, I honestly shocked this ship hasn't run aground yet :p

And as the others have said; post anywhere, anytime. Create threads, add to them, whatever you like. We don't have the population to really justify too many strict rules, so have at ye to your hearts desire!
  13. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Does Bandages still come around here? I don't think I've seen him in ages

Unless he's evolved to the point where I instantly lose all memory of his glorious visage as soon as I look away
  14. Almost Human

I'm not sure. I don't think he's logged in since the beginning of the month at least. Does he do Skypechat? I actually have no idea which forumites are involved in that.
  15. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

he is not a member of skypechat

RIP bandages
  16. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

Ow
  17. Triangle Man

Shit.

He's disappeared into the either and isn't coming back, isn't he?

...Let us all have a moment of silence in remembrance of one of our finest members.

May his life be long and prosperous.
  18. Almost Human

I'm not certain 'inactive for 20 days' and 'dead' are necessarily interchangeable.
    At least not in this particular case.

Although who is to say, really?
    We come, we go, the forum remains. We may never thrive but we shall carry on.
    Well, as long as I have about 200 bucks every 4 years at least.
  19. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

I was half expecting bandages to show up during this exchange and blow all of our minds

Is it that expensive to keep up Hidden Level?
  20. Almost Human

Well, that's how much it costs to keep HL and my personal website.
    I keep with an unlimited space package because, let's admit, forums are not small, but I had that all bought and signed for before Hidden Level was even conceived of (which is why I was in a good position to offer it up when we were all migrating). Also on top of those costs there's also the 30 dollar fee for the domain name that has to be renewed every once in while.
    webspace is crazy not cheap.