INQUISITION: PLAGUEWORLD

Discussion in 'Another Basement' started by atomic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

I whisper softly

"Goodnight, sweet prince"
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

GODAMMIT YOU GUYS!!!

...Anyways, what happens from here?
  3. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

we uh

we wait for me to remember i never answered this question, only thought i did

um! in terms of the game as a concept, it'd be time for a new map and a running around round

in terms of the game as a... game..

it's time for me to make a bunch of maps :Ia
  4. Ugh, its tough being captain and doing fuck all all day. Also seeing my team fall apart like this is tough too. I'm almost certain we killed the true perpetrator so we can continue to struggle surivive this hellish scenario.
  5. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

I eat a weird bug and don't even care
  6. Soldier's Log

Day 24

Things haven't gotten much better. Captain Chronus keeps us on track, but morale has dropped significantly. Progress on trying to get one of the shuttles into working condition is slow. Resser Tacitus found an old game of Simon amidst the rubble, but it only ever lights up blue and green, decreasing its entertainment value by half. We discarded it soon after discovery as needless baggage. Varkarrus is still recovering from the snake bite, and Gogglatian has begun experiencing heat flashes. Doctor Ban D'Aegis is doing all he can to help them, but he can only do so much. He himself has been showing signs of illness. Almundius saw him eat a strange bug yesterday for apparently no reason. He'll pull through this though. They all will. They have to.
    The group suffered a loss today with the execution of Triangelou. After returning from his task he exhibited signs of infection. We did what was necessary. That's all I can say on the matter.
    After all that has happened, I can only imagine what we will face in the coming days.
  7. atomic

WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER ROUND WITH THE SAME MAP

[​IMG]

PM ME YO MOVES (triguy is still dead for this one :C )
  8. atomic

9. Triangle Man

I'll be haunting you assholes from beyond the grave.

Have fun trying to survive!!!

(I wish I'd been more involved in the first round, this wouldn't have happened.)

(Also, is this still practice or is this the game proper now?)
  10. atomic

this is practice till i get back to my own computer!
  11. atomic

12. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

C:

cheer up, friend!

I will sticky this post in the sodomy board when you get back to your main computer so that I won't forget it in the future
  13. atomic

14. atomic

Only three souls ventured out again into the maze. Triangle's judgement and summary execution seemed to have unnerved the remains of Aleph squad. They made no move to continue their mission. Varkarrus loudly berated her comrades, urging them to action.
    "If we just fucking sit here, we're dead! As far as we know, the infection is still on board the ship. The commodore was pretty fucking clear: if this ship isn't clean by the time we make contact, they'll blow us from space before we even see dayside of a baseworld." Her movements jerked as agitation wound her nerves tighter.

Bandages stood up abruptly and without comment readied his gear. He shot a razor's glance at Siranae, who met no one's eyes as she followed suit. Varkarrus grunted in disgust and shook her head. She made no more entreaties as the three of them filed through the hatch. After a few paces, they split up and stalked off into the darkness.

After 40 minutes, Varkarrus returned, bearing a mocking sneer for the sedentary troopers' presumed cowardice. Siranae stepped into the hall at quarter till the hour. She hummed quietly to herself and pointedly stared at everything but the darkening stain on the floor. Triangle's body no longer lay where died. After some hushed discussion, the Captain decided it should be moved from the hall proper; the zigzag trail to the supply closet belied his final decision. Triangle was still very dead.

As the intercom quietly pinged the full hour, Bandages arrived. He, too, ill-concealed his contempt for his squadmates. His unease, however, was well hidden. The hour seemed to reveal no immediate signs of treachery. Maybe Triangle was guilty. Unfortunately, the cooled corpse in the storage closet provided no answers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  15. Triangle Man

The intrigue continues!

But being dead sucks...
  16. atomic

SUDDEN NOISES FROM INSIDE THE SUPPLY CLOSET...!

THE DOOR EXPLODES OUTWARDS, ROCKETING OFF ITS HINGES INTO THE OPPOSITE WALL

TRIANGLE MAN STRIDES FORTH, BARE CHEST GLISTENING IN THE PERFECT SUNRISE

BEHIND HIM, A SHIMMERING UNICORN REARS UP TO GREET THE MORNING RAINBOW

TRIANGLE MAN

- NAY! TRIANGLE GOD, FOR SUCH BEAUTY BELONGS TO NO MERE MORTAL -

TOSSES HIS HEAD BACK, SENDING HIS LONG LOCKS CASCADING CARELESSLY DOWN THE RIPPLING MUSCLES OF HIS POWERFUL BACK

THE LIGHT STRIKES HIM JUST SO THAT SUDDENLY HIS WONDROUS FORM HIS SILHOUETTED AGAINST THE GLORY OF THE DAYBREAK

THEY RIVAL EACH OTHER IN PURE MAJESTY

IT IS THE DAWN

OF A NEW AGE
  17. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

I punch triangle god in the face

I ain't afraid of no god!
  18. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

They say that god is just as mighty as a unicorn.

I EAT THE UNICORN TO GAIN ITS STRENGTH
  19. atomic

WHO'S READY TO PLAY THIS FOR REAL

NEW RECRUITMENT SESSION IS GO:
    [player names go here]

HERE IS PROOF OF MY READINESS TO DO THIS: THE FIRST MAP

THE SPACEPORT

[​IMG]

I HOPE THIS HEX MAP IS UNDERSTANDABLE

YELLOW IS 5 MINUTE TASK, ORANGE WILL BE 10 MINUTE TASK, RED IS 15 MINUTE TASK

DARKER SHADES TAKE THE SAME TIME, BUT REQUIRE TWO (2) PEOPLE OR TWO TRIPS

BLUE HEXES TAKE ONLY TRANSIT TIME AND WILL CONTAIN SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: ONE-TIME USE INFECTION TESTS, KEYS, NECESSARY PARTS, ETC

PURPLE HEXES WILL ACTIVATE SECURITY CAMERAS TO MONITOR SELECTED WORK HEXES BUT WILL LEAVE YOU ABSENT FROM VOTING UNTIL THE FOLLOWING ROUND

GREEN HEXES ARE START AND FINISH POINTS. FOR THIS ROUND, ALL PLAYERS START AT A5

more hex varieties will appear as necessary

let's do this :U
  20. Triangle Man

I may need a refresher as to how to do this, and I may also be somewhat busy, but...

I'm in.

Don't kill me a second time, guys.