INQUISITION: PLAGUEWORLD

Discussion in 'Another Basement' started by atomic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

here is how the counting goes!

[0x] [05] [[]] [[]] [[]]
    [[]] [10] [15] [[]] [[]]
    [[]] [[]] [20] [25] [30]

[30] [[]] [[]] [[]] [[]]
    [25] [[]] [[]] [[]] [[]]
    [20] [15] [10] [05] [x0]

i sent him back a different way to show that for the most part, any route takes the same amount of time, but the final square in either direction does count towards total time. in this case, he had an hour travel time and he didn't do anything. you'll take the most direct route each time, so you can't make detours to fudge your time, and if you pass through a work square, you don't do anything (unless you want to try and work that square too? but if you do multiple stops, i can almost guarantee you won't make it back for the voting round, which may or may not be shady!)

VOTALS:

BANDAGES 1 (VARKARRUS)
    VARKARRUS 1 (BANDAGES)
    KAMIKAZE 1 (TRIANGLE)
    TRIANGLE 1 (CHRONO)
  2. By the way, I voted TriGuy. Because he is the one who killed me.
  3. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

e: Wait no did the math wrong my actual vote is Triangle Man because it's 30 minutes from one of the 15 minute tasks and back and he was gone for 45
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  4. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

me too triangle man is who I vote for.
  5. atomic

VARKARRUS 1 (BANDAGES)
    KAMIKAZE 1 (TRIANGLE)
    TRIANGLE 4 (CHRONO, KAMIKAZE, TESSERACT, VARKARRUS)

HOLY SHIT I AM BAD AT COUNTING

also! i think some of the confusion is because of my shitty counting and track-keeping, so in the future, after dramatizing everything, i will just straight lay out who was gone for how long.

LIKE SO:

40 minutes: VARKARRUS, TRIANGLEMAN
    45 minutes: CHRONO SAMURAI, SIRANAE, KAMIKAZE
    60 minutes: BANDAGES

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME

i hope i can get this whole thing as smooth and straightforward as possible!

as always, I WILL TAKE QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS

ALSO, IF I HAVE OBVIOUSLY FUCKED UP IN SOME WAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I AM HORRENDOUSLY DUMB AND MAY OFTEN HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING/HAVE DONE
  6. And that's what makes it such a fun game!
  7. Tesseract

Wait are people forced to move every five minutes they aren't doing a task
  8. atomic

um

yes? i think?

there is no downtime between task and movement, if that's what you mean

you move to the place, you do the thing, you go immediately to the designated zone

....um, does that answer your question?

..unless your task takes over 60 minutes, in which case you will NOT be present for the voting and CANNOT VOTE because you are NOT THERE. #RULES #LAYING DOWN THE LAW #hahaha hi guys what's up #i'm talking in hashtags now #oh dear god please help me

:c

i want this to be fun cause of intrinsic fun-ness.......

maybe that's

expecting too much.................

:srain::srain::srain:
  9. Tesseract

No I mean

Can you just chill in a blank square for five minutes without moving
  10. atomic

in future maps, basically everywhere will have an action, even if it's just "search the area for other dudes hangin out" (x minute actions will be replaced by actual tasks, eventually)

but uh

naw, everybody here had to go to a coloured square

and in future rounds, the same will be true

.......is that a better answer?
  11. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

...I think I lost track of the rules somewhere along the line. Sorry about that.
  12. atomic

:C

when i start the game, i think i'll start a new thread so we can all have a clean start and as straightforward a presentation of the rules as i can obtain right there in the first post

but as it is!

phase one: everyone selects a square with a task and PMs the grid number to me (in a format to be decided on later!) the travel and work time will be reported back to kick off the second phase! time is determined thusly: five minutes per square traveled between the starting square and the task square, including the task square but not the starting square. after task is completed, the same counting rules apply from the new starting location (current task square) to the ending location

phase two: during phase one, sabotage or murder occurred! using the information you have (the nature of the crime (task of x length, murder, other stuff i may decide on later, etc)) you will VOTE on who you think did it! after the initial mass voting, the leading two candidates will be the victims of a runoff election, and, if everyone decides to kill the winner, the winner will be killed! if you all were right, hoooraaayy! you win, the day is saved! if not, rinse and repeat

there are some more specific rules i'll be coming up with as situations arise, probably, but this should be enough for the test round

this is the bare bones

i hope it's good enough :rain:
  13. atomic

--also i think i finally stopped derping enough to answer

yes, tesseract, if you're not tasking, you have to be moving

((standard apologies for my usual being-stupid goes here))
  14. One hopefully finally question....

How do SIRANAE, KAMIKAZE and myself know that Vark and Triangle really returned after 40 mins? Did we see them on the way back? Does our squad have some kind of "clocking in" device in our camp? Can I have the codes to hack into the speculated system?

Apparently that was more than one question?
  15. Tesseract

In that case I think it's impossible that Vark or Triguy could've done it

I'll unvote Triguy and vote for Kami
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  16. atomic

kami: the reason is

'i dont know i didnt actually think about it' and then i thought about a rotating 'at least one person stays in camp or heads to the next while everybody else goes out, except nothing is actually keeping the person there other than their word' but then i wasn't sure if MORE RULES are what we need or if we can uh

just roll with it? i dunno

at this point

i dunno anything....

VOTALS

VARKARRUS 1 (BANDAGES)
    KAMIKAZE 2 (TRIANGLE, TESSERACT)
    TRIANGLE 3 (CHRONO, KAMIKAZE, VARKARRUS)
  17. Yeah, I say we just roll with it.

I'll vote for Triguy to seal the deal.
  18. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

DEAL SEALED. MEALS REVEALED. IT'S VEAL.
  19. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Goddamnit, you guys.
  20. atomic

Triangle raised his hands in protest as his squadmates raised their weapons. "NO WAIT I DI-"

The air filled with thunder and metal pierced through metal with a relentless grace and violence. Through the ruin of Triangle's helmet, gore splattered teeth grinned eternally, mockingly. Silence, but for a steady drip, drip, drip.

Tesseract turned his back in disgust. Bandages quietly shook his head, looking askance at his comrades. If the others had misgivings, they made no motion of it.

The captain gestured. Time to move out.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011