I'm The [CHAT]man! (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Draga, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I already voted today, and we're already starting to get news of Election results thanks to the CBC and the repeal of the 'Blackout' rule. This is gonna be so exciting!

Also, if this man doesn't win his riding I'll be a very sad Triangle Man.

@ AH - The Animal Party isn't entirely wrong here - as political movements get folded into the mainstream, they may be expected to conform to mainstream thought to a greater degree, thus taking away from their ability to affect radical or simply new varieties of political change. That said, I figure that proudly standing on the outside of the mainstream and shouting at it from there AND trying to affect change on the mainstream from the inside are both valid approaches.

All that said, it seems like they're taking a pretty hardline stand on political matters, or at least where they actually have addressed policy - is the Veganism thing seriously the only thing that they actually address on the platform?
  2. Triangle Man

Update - the Conservative Government has been outed by a Liberal Majority. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's better than nothing.

Now let's see how this plays out, and figure out how we can continue twisting the arms of the government to properly represent us between now an the next election. :)
  3. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

congrats to canada for booting a dude whom i'm told is quite terrible and the worst
  4. Triangle Man

He was probably one of the worst PM's this country has ever seen. Not much to say about someone who can cause a bunch of pre-existing problems to become worse while creating a bunch of new ones in the process. I'm pretty sure it was the relentless attack ads, blatant racism and attempt at appealing to Rob Ford the Crack Smoking Mayor's support base that finished him off.

He does seem to have created this new political consciousness in the country, though, so that's a silver lining of sorts.
  5. today is a Sacred Day blessed by many a cute things

aka it's my birthday so prepare the cake for when i wake up
  6. inexpediency

7. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Sounds like as good as excuse as any for me to buy myself a cake.
    Happy birfday!

Hopefully your week hasn't been as weird as mine...
    Blank_ likes this.
  8. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I've been telling guys "welcome to the friend zone" and it's been getting people salty.
  9. inexpediency

i don't know what the aversion to the friend zone is

a whole zone, full of friends??? sign me up
  10. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Men get shitty because the friend zone tells them what outright rejection somehow doesn't: that the decision of whether we have sex or not isn't in their hands.
  11. Triangle Man

Work has been stupidly busy for the last month and a half. But I get the week off to get most of my assignments mostly finished! And then it gets stupidly busy again for the next month and a half! Wish me luck!

For that and school. I think I can get this 'Love Canal' essay done tomorrow if I really put my mind to it! :D

@ LL - Happy Belated Birthday! Hope that you had a good one!

@ Blank_ + Inex - Absolutely correct. Also, using that phrase that makes it sound like Friendship is an unwanted 'Consolation Prize' for not having the Sex and is probably a sign of immaturity at best and (I'm guessing) a fucked up need for control at worst.

I mean, Rejection sucks but there are probably better ways to deal with it, right?
  12. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

I prefer the phrase "banished to the friend dimension"
  13. inexpediency

one-way ticket to acquaintance station
    Blank_ likes this.
  14. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Thrown in the chum bucket

Slam-dunked in a pally-oop

Roped into the pal corral

Boxed in the mate crate

Marooned in Buddy Lagoon

Approaching destination "friend" at terminal velocity
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  15. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

All aboard the friendship
  16. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys
    They fired him.
    EVERYONE CELEBRATE NOW.
    Right now
    Drop what you're doing on the floor, grind it into the tile with your heel and friggin celebrate.
    Blank_ likes this.
  17. holy fuck it's dance party time
  18. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Holy damn, it finally happened
  19. Triangle Man

Re: Friend Zone - Holy shit those are all perfect analogues (Is that right?).

Re: Asshole getting Fired - Holy shit that's amazing! :D LET'S DANCE!!!

[​IMG]

But what did him in, in the end?
  20. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Oh nice, looks like my satanic cursing ritual worked.

Congratulations, AH, for surviving the trial of the douchey co-worker! :D