I'm The [CHAT]man! (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Draga, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Is is bad that while quickly skimming the name of this thread I thought it said Bo bo bo bo?

3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

In reference to the best shonen manga character? Not at all!

Still doesn't have a thing on Scatman John, though.
  4. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

I still haven't watched Bo bo bo bo sober.
  5. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

I still haven't watched Bobobobobobobobobo at all.

I've watched like zero anime since coming to Japan, not sure if this is good or not.
  6. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

It's been a long-ass time since I last watched Bobobo.

7. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

It's suddenly become my life goal to watch this.

EDIT:

So cool! I'm really excited for you :D

Also, being a librarian is an excellent career choice! For some reason I always kind of pictured you in my head as a librarian type person?? Clearly this is an indication that you are fated to do this.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Almost Human

Neither have I, and I've been through the entire series multiple times.

It's a good thing! It means you've probably been keeping super busy.
    I am curious though; do they have non-Japanese animation over there? Kind of like how we have cartoons from all over the world, and we have things like the Canadian animation studios pulling off a semi-anime style, Do they have shows that are semi-western or semi-french style animation? Or do they show any non-Japanese cartoons? I'm curious.
    It's kind of weird to think that we could grow up with things like Speed Racer and Astro Boy and offer nothing in return.
  9. That is an amazing Chat title Draga. A+

Also I'm sorry but after seeing this I can't help but think of it when I hear that song.

Anyway, hey AH! Do you have a .swf file of your old avatar? The one where you're spinning around? If so could you send it to me? It's for a...school project. Yeah.
  10. NotAPumpkin

Guys how do I skype chat

I DON'T REMEMBER
  11. Almost Human

Sure thing. I'm not sure how to throw it on here so here's a link. It doesn't look as nice when it's all big and up close like that buuuut whateves!
  12. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

That Terumi avatar is still awesome.
  13. Triangle Man

14. Almost Human

Indeed. Any Hidden Leveler's in Ottawa, or in the Canadian Armed Forces, please stay safe!
  15. Triangle Man

Okay, so the fallout from that previous event is already in progress. Thankfully it seems that only two people have died (a Soldier and the Gunman), but a second shooter is still out there and the authorities and pretty much everybody else are still trying to sort out what happened. Which basically means that we will be hearing about it for the next few days or so.

Still, I am a bit worried for the future right now. One of the immediate consequences of this would basically entail certain people manipulating it for political ends, and in general this could easily be the work of a larger organization, although it does seem like only the two were involved right now.

Jeez life is stressful right now.
  16. Almost Human

Sira, I have no words, but let me try:
    That was one of the best 30 seconds I have ever experienced. I am going to watch that again as soon as I finish writing this. I'm flattered that so much of my terrible art made its way into your masterpiece.
    I wish this forum could have an opening theme page, because I want that to play every single time I log in.

Edit: Just watched it again, the ties at the end get me every time. I friggin love this so much I don't even know what to do with myself right now.
  17. Oh my god AH I'm so glad you like it! :D I'd been wanting to do a video for you guys for ages, and since I just finished a thesis presentation I decided to spend today doing personal projects.
    I love making stuff for you guys and Hidden Level because you're all so amazing. And it's the least I can do after you gave us such a sweet place to chill.
  18. NotAPumpkin

God damn Sira

That was amazing. I love all the little art projects you do, and it just makes me super proud to be part of a community with awesome folks like you.

edit: also downloaded for future viewing pleasure

as in anytime and always
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  19. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

Sira-- GOD DAMN THAT WAS COOL. I'm probably gonna follow NaP's example and download it to pet occasionally and whisper sweet nothings to.

Thanks! I'm completely in love with the idea so I'm glad other people are into it too! Truly, I was fated to be the sexy librarian.
    Or maybe the scary one who whaps people with wooden rulers and forces them to shut up. The possibilities are limitless...

They definitely have Disney. By which I mean I've learned 'Let it Go' in both Japanese and English without ever having sought the song out on purpose because it's so frikkin' ubiquitous here. I don't know what it was but Japan went insane for Frozen. Though here it's called アナと雪の女王 (Anna to Yuki no Jou-ou/Anna and the Snow Queen).