Holy shit a new [CHAT] ???

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Almost Human, Feb 20, 2019.

1. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

Daamn, it's nice to see this place is still going
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

It's a bit slow from time to time, but I always enjoy stopping back in!
    Also everyone, wish me luck, I'm doing am art test to work at a new studio that I'm really excited for!
  3. Almost Human

Also man, I got the ever loving piss beat out of me last week and I'm still bruised and scrapped up from it.
    I was blackout drunk but my unbroken nails say I didn't even try to fight back.
    Heugh, guys, sometimes I make some nasty bad choices.
  4. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I think everyone makes bad choices from time to time. The point is probably to learn from them after the fact.

As for me, things got super busy near the end of November. I then forgot that this place existed for a while/got lazy about retrieving email addresses that I kept forgetting about. Hope everyone's doing well this Holiday season. I know that I'm happy to have even a little bit of a break.
  5. Almost Human

I'mma admit I didn't forget about here but I didn't know what to say after my last post, since I found out the regrettable shit I did wasn't fully my fault. We've found out I was uh, I was drugged and beaten.
    And some other stuff.
    So.
    Uh.
    That happened.
    Moving on, it's the holiday season! Which I hate the most! Wish me luck as I return to my home-province tomorrow and try not to kill myself before coming back!
  6. Triangle Man

Jesus Christ, that is horrifying. I hope you're having as speedy a recovery as possible.

I also hope that your Holidays are going as decently as possible as well. Mine have generally trended positively this year, so that's been nice.
  7. Almost Human

Ah I hope that they did end up going well for you!
    Mine were....tiring. I love my nieces but I'm not built to be a babysitter haha. I was also informed that this is probably my gram's last christmas and am disappointed that my family blocked every attempt I made to spend time with her. Don't get me wrong, she's still a total bitch as she's always been, but it would have been nice to share a drink with her and just chat one last time.
  8. Triangle Man

It did, for the most part. There were a few roadbumps and minor family conflicts, but it was nice to catch up with family and friends that I don't get to see in person all that often.

Apologies that your holidays were rockier overall, and that you weren't allowed to spend time with your Gran. I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed with my family if they tried to pull that sort of stunt with me, or something similar.
  9. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

My ex boyfriend is blind, so out of curiosity I've asked him some questions about how he navigates the world without sight. He was more than happy to share with me and even offered to take me out while I was blindfolded to get a taste for what it's like. Since then, I bought a pair of (mostly) opaque contact lenses that severely reduce my eyesight just so I can explore the world around me. I told him about it and he got super excited, saying that he's excited to do "blind stuff" together. I was really afraid of just being a "disability tourist" but he said that doing blind stuff together made him feel less "lonely and weird." So since then we've been chatting and blind MUDding together and he's been excitedly telling me about new accessibility things like audio games for pc and mobile, as well as stuff like audio instructions for Lego models.

As a side effect I've found that blocking my sight has the added effect of cutting down on sensory over-stimulation. It's like turning down a blasting radio but visually so there's that, too.

Btw watching movies with audio narration really helps to keep track of what's going on while making out.
  10. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

11. Almost Human

That's pretty cool, and it's super nice that you guys can share that experience!
    I have to admit, things haven't been super great for me as of late, I've been pretty sick and sadly a few bad events have kept me out of studio work for longer than I'd hoped and freelancing is always tough to make a living on.
    Ah sorry to come here and just complain, I was hoping to come back in with some fun or good news but honestly I can't think of any today, haha
  12. kaos

kaos Currently doing Nanowrimo (<-Shame badge)

Yo, it's time for my yearly yo and promise to be around more that i'll instantly forget.
  13. Almost Human

No worries, it's pretty darn slow around here which makes it hard to drop in regularly. I'm hoping to be able to spruce things up around here a bit when things stablize me for again but we shall see.
    Hope you're well though, Kaos!