Holy shit a new [CHAT] ???

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Almost Human, Feb 20, 2019.

1. kaos

kaos Currently doing Nanowrimo (<-Shame badge)

Oh hey, congrats on your director job AH!

And Congrats on being published Tri!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Thank you so much! It's been a lot of fun as a job and my confidence in my art has really skyrocketed. I can do a lot more than I ever thought I could before and it feels pretty dern good :)
    What have you been up to?

I'm so glad to hear that the discord group is still up!! I love the idea of everyone still chatting now and again despite the time and distance <3

Bahah anyone is welcome to make one! I don't really use facebook for anything aside from messaging occassionally so I would be the worrrrst for it

Don't worry, it takes a while to get to the shoe-food part of any relationship! Sounds lovely though <3
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Oh crap, it's been far too long since I responded. I'm getting bad at this.

The Trip Consisted largely of visits to as many Museums and Art Galleries as we could hit during the weeklong period, and it blew my mind away. The biggest shock to my system was the juxtaposition of buildings from different time periods - from the 1600s to the 1800s to ultra-modern skyscrapers - juxtaposed right next to one another, as well as ruins just right in the middle of the city. That helped get some gears turning in regards to inspiration. Other highlights included the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and attending the Agatha Christie play 'The Mousetrap'.

The Latter is a play that has, and this is true, been playing continuously for well over 67 years!

Hey, Congrats on the positive, if somewhat unusual, turn in your relationship with your SO!

I hope the fish tasted great, too! :)

Thanks, Kaos! I hope things are doing great on your end as well.

Speaking of, I now have a second story coming up in the same magazine, so things continuing to go well on that front. :)
  4. Almost Human

Yessss I love that about the architecture as well! It's amazing to see every era spread across a city :)
    I assume you hit up the British Museum then? I loved that place. Didn't even get through half of it though, it was so huge and I wanted to read EVERYTHING haha!
    We also saw a play when we went, but it was the comedy "Arsenic and Old Lace" gotta admit, I loved that no one ate crunchy foods during the play, I believe it was yogurt instead? Was so much easier on my fussy ears.
    Did you do any tours? We did a Jack the Ripper one while we were there :)
  5. Triangle Man

Huh. Didn't know you went. Glad you liked it as well. :)

We got through as much of the British Museum as possible. I'm pretty sure we hit almost all of it. The scope and span of the collection is truly dizzying.

I didn't notice the yogurt thing, but that makes sense - it's an etiquette issue. The city's got a huge theater scene as well - you see plays advertised everywhere in a dozen different playhouses.

We didn't end up taking any tours. May be something to do for a return trip. Vancouver has tours like that as well, so it'll probably be worthwhile to check those out sometime. :)
  6. Almost Human

Heck yeah, I find tours with people who are truly experts in their field so satisfying, especially if you manage to get into a small group. Hearing someone talk about the history of a place or thing without reading a script or sounding stilted, I dunno, it holds my attention and makes it all feel so immersive.
    But there's also something to be said for exploring a place on your own and at your own pace :)
    Pros and cons both ways!
    My friends and I are heading to Japan for two weeks in September (I may have mentioned this before, but the topic of travel has me thinking about it again) and most of our plans involve exploring on our own. I'm excited to see a place whose history and culture is so different from that of North America and the majority or Europe
  7. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Are you kidding me?? I had some free time nearly 6 months ago now and I would have kept coming back here for nostalgia alone, but now I see so many of my friends!! I'm so happy!!

I originally only came back because I did hourly comics day and didn't know where else to post them but then I didn't even do that. Maybe I will soon though??

I've never really been into traveling? But people who have gone to western Europe told me that Museums and Art Galleries were Where It Was At. I do appreciate how going to an environment so different from your own can make you pause and contemplate things you wouldn't have otherwise.

AH, I'm so glad you get to go on a trip!! Japan seems like a lot of fun with a lot of really beautiful aspects and sites. A lot of my friends have gone and loved it. Maybe I will travel more in the future?
  8. Almost Human

Hey man, this forum is powered by nostalgia, so you're by no means alone there!
    I'd love to see any hourly comics stuff you'd like to share :) I'm working on (yet another) new comic myself. I have a few character/monster things drawn up and am pretty excited to get started.
    But also have new video games to play soooo I admit it's not full speed ahead haha

And traveling is def not for everyone. I know one of my best friends has never left his home province and has no will to. The whole idea is too overwhelming and holds no positive appeal for him, and I totally get that. We all find our pleasures in different places :)

I'd say don't pressure yourself into traveling just because it excites others. I mean, I know plenty of people who go nuts for a great basketball game but I know for a fact it's dull as dishwater for me so I won't go to one...unless properly lured with the promise of booze :p
  9. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Hey, so I guess I didn't tell y'all that my dog Miley died back in december. She was only eight. I'm still heartbroken because she helped me through the toughest points in my life. I'll always miss her.

BUT a friend of my sister in law's dog had puppies and she needed to rehome them. So I'm getting a puppy! Three of us are going to take a roadtrip down to Redding, CA to pick her up. She's a Queensland heeler/jack russel mix and before you ask, yes the jack russel is the dad, and no, I have no idea how the logistics of that worked

lol she's not my SO, she's my friend and cuddle partner at best. She's kind of a mess so I'm not interested in her as a romantic partner
  10. Blank_

She's friends with my sister in law, not my sister in law's dog
  11. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Blank, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. At that age, it must have been so unexpected, but I guess even expected doesn't lessen the pain or the grief. The only thing I can contribute is this comic I recently saw by Lucy Knisley about her cat https://twitter.com/LucyKnisley/status/1155564762954129409

Your upcoming puppy sounds incredible though. I love love love both Queensland Heelers and Jack Russell Terriers!! Please post a picture after your roadtrip because that combination seems like it would be Adorable, capital A.
    Blank_ likes this.
  12. Triangle Man

@Almost Human - It was more exploring on our own, but the one river tour was great as well. :) Also, I hope your upcoming Japan Trip goes well. It's a pretty cool country, all things considered. Try to visit one of their castles while you're there.

@Blank_ - Wow, I completely misread the post. Thanks for the clarification.

Also, sorry about your dog. It's never easy losing a pet, but it sounds like you're getting a sweet roadtrip/puppy pickup out of it. :)

@canoe - Hey! How's the medical life treating you, and how are you doing in general?! :)

As for Western Europe Trips, I can confirm that you're going to see a lot of really cool stuff at the Museums and Art Galleries. Many of them happen to be built in historical buildings as well, so you're kind of getting extra history with your history.
  13. Almost Human

Sorry for the radio silence, guys! It's been a crazy last few weeks; been cottaging and hit up a metal show. Catching a few z's in between there and playing fire emblem.
    I have literally done noooo drawing lately and that's what my current hiatus was supposed to be all about.
    Whoops!
  14. Triangle Man

Well it's been a month since I last posted things.

In short, my older writing laptop stopped working properly, I'm back at school for an intensive grad program, and everything is just go go go for me right now. It's stressful, but weirdly fulfilling.

Wouldn't mind going back to doing other stuff in short order, though. Can't be all work and no play.
  15. Almost Human

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WENT TO JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

It was amazing!!
    I went stayed in an onsen with a view of mt. fuji, I got to the very top of the Inari Shrine (did not realize I was climbing a mountain at the time...), I blew money at arcades, I ate kobe beef, I got lost on their subway system, went to a virtual art exhibit, went to the pokemon store, ate at a monster hunter cafe, bought toys in Akihabara, got addicted to vending machine coffee....
    And I'm sure a lot more that's not just at the top of my head.
    It was an awesome experience. The atmosphere is so different from anywhere else I've ever been. I want to go back!
    Blank_ likes this.
  16. Blank_

oh hey, puppy update: DNA test came back and my dog is 25% Australian shepard, 25% border collie, 13.5% ROTTWEILER and the rest various herding and companion dog

Thanks, you bitch, we live in a studio apartment

guess it means we'll be moving within the next year
  17. Blank_

PS: her name is Cookie and she is very smart and I love her very much and also she sits in my lap and no I am not going to train her not to get up on people because fuck you I want an 80 pound lap dog
  18. Almost Human

Heuuugh she sounds amazing please post a million pictures of her!!
    Also as someone who has had a part-border collie before, they are HILARIOUS when they round up small children into tight circles. Also my border collie would always try to be a lap dog too and I also never told her no :)
  19. Blank_