Holy shit a new [CHAT] ???

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Almost Human, Feb 20, 2019.

1. kaos

kaos Currently doing Nanowrimo (<-Shame badge)

Oh hey, congrats on your director job AH!

And Congrats on being published Tri!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Thank you so much! It's been a lot of fun as a job and my confidence in my art has really skyrocketed. I can do a lot more than I ever thought I could before and it feels pretty dern good :)
    What have you been up to?

I'm so glad to hear that the discord group is still up!! I love the idea of everyone still chatting now and again despite the time and distance <3

Bahah anyone is welcome to make one! I don't really use facebook for anything aside from messaging occassionally so I would be the worrrrst for it

Don't worry, it takes a while to get to the shoe-food part of any relationship! Sounds lovely though <3
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Oh crap, it's been far too long since I responded. I'm getting bad at this.

The Trip Consisted largely of visits to as many Museums and Art Galleries as we could hit during the weeklong period, and it blew my mind away. The biggest shock to my system was the juxtaposition of buildings from different time periods - from the 1600s to the 1800s to ultra-modern skyscrapers - juxtaposed right next to one another, as well as ruins just right in the middle of the city. That helped get some gears turning in regards to inspiration. Other highlights included the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and attending the Agatha Christie play 'The Mousetrap'.

The Latter is a play that has, and this is true, been playing continuously for well over 67 years!

Hey, Congrats on the positive, if somewhat unusual, turn in your relationship with your SO!

I hope the fish tasted great, too! :)

Thanks, Kaos! I hope things are doing great on your end as well.

Speaking of, I now have a second story coming up in the same magazine, so things continuing to go well on that front. :)
  4. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Yessss I love that about the architecture as well! It's amazing to see every era spread across a city :)
    I assume you hit up the British Museum then? I loved that place. Didn't even get through half of it though, it was so huge and I wanted to read EVERYTHING haha!
    We also saw a play when we went, but it was the comedy "Arsenic and Old Lace" gotta admit, I loved that no one ate crunchy foods during the play, I believe it was yogurt instead? Was so much easier on my fussy ears.
    Did you do any tours? We did a Jack the Ripper one while we were there :)
  5. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Huh. Didn't know you went. Glad you liked it as well. :)

We got through as much of the British Museum as possible. I'm pretty sure we hit almost all of it. The scope and span of the collection is truly dizzying.

I didn't notice the yogurt thing, but that makes sense - it's an etiquette issue. The city's got a huge theater scene as well - you see plays advertised everywhere in a dozen different playhouses.

We didn't end up taking any tours. May be something to do for a return trip. Vancouver has tours like that as well, so it'll probably be worthwhile to check those out sometime. :)