Hidden Level's First New International [CHAT]inary

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Triangle Man, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

And now, a Handful of Definitions...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

As a forum notary, I hereby officiate this thread with a seal of approval

[​IMG]
  3. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

And.. here we go again, eh?
  4. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

The ride never ends
  5. It kind of took us a while to take down the Halloween decorations this year didn't it? I guess it was just kind of hard to. They were all so charming.
  6. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

Huh. Google Chrome was syaing that this site had malware on it for the past few hours. Wonder why.
  7. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

Not taking down the halloween decorations until several months later is the new not taking down the christmas decorations until several months later.
  8. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

Triangle Man has been a secret virus this whole time

Triangle Man more like T(rojan)iangle M(horse)an
  9. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Thanks for the heads up, it seems someone injected our forum with some malware again. I just have to find my notes on what I did last time to fix it and we'll be all back in business.
    If you guys don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could shoot me a PM if you ever get these warnings in the future. My computer is a bit special and is always the last to catch on when something has gone wrong. In fact, last time I never got a warning at all.

Edit: All fixed!
  10. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Oh, is it gif party again?

If it is, you can probably delete just the last few posts instead of the entire thread
  11. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

What was the problem then, AH?
  12. Almost Human

Turns out they somehow inject a bit of code into the footer of our page styles (again), although I don't know how they do it or what it does, just that it links back to something called "flepstudio" and I have to scrub it out from each style by hand.

And unfortunately, if it was something in the gif thread, it wouldn't necessarily be latest stuff. Someone could have linked something malicious to one of the hosting sites we use, or through a page we hot linked.
    Thankfully it wasn't though. Our occasionally attacker seems to stick to a fairly straightforward M.O and now that we know it, it's a quick fix.

If you're ever on a site and you're getting messages but you don't know if it's you or them, you can always check out this site. They've saved our butts twice now!
  13. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Woo, so exciting! Here's to the next few months of the topic barrage known as gen chat.

Also yay for AH being the official Hidden Level superhero, saving the day once again from malevolent forces of the internet who are inexplicably attempting to destroy our little corner of heaven.
  14. Almost Human

That's the perplexing part; I really don't get how we became targets. I only know one person I've pissed off enough to launch such an attack and honestly, I think they're bigger than to actually do it. Or so I would hope.
  15. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

... not a senator?
  16. ky

ky comfort eagle

if it was a senator then they could do a lot worse than injecting just malware
  17. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Yeah I'm pretty sure just being themselves would be pretty terrible

This also applies to NaS

(actually I never had any issues with NaS personally but he was pretty awful to some people)
  18. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

@ NaP - Now you see, I didn't have any problems with him personally either, nor did I see him being nasty towards anyone else. Then again, my experience is not enough of a guide to tell me how good he was at his Mod Job, so...

@ AH - Keep fighting the good fight, man. Because whenever viruses and malicious programs threaten our part of the internet, we know that you'll be there to stop them!

@ Inex - I-I'm not a virus! Whatever gave you that idea?! That's ridiculous!!!

Now shut your goddamn mouth before you say something you'll really regret!

So are we cool now? :3
  19. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

Leviathan meth user?
  20. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

Blackbeard's ghost?