GOOD IDEA = TRUE

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Answers' started by Varkarrus, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Yeah I just signd up as SilentAttack.
    I spose I should be plugging this forum around, I Just haven't had time to make a banner.
    I'm still not a fan of it, but it's not full of adverts, so I don't veto it. I'd like to know Bandage's thoughts on this, and if he says we should give it a shot, I'll put it in when I get back to Ontario.
    But guys, we're a chat forum for random chatter. We don't have enough people or set topics to be vastly different from a chat room anyway. I'm not convinced it's a good idea, but again, I'll do it if you guys really want it.
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Okay then. And you are more than welcome to leave posts on threads if you so choose.

(Obviously...)

And I am honestly ambivalent leaning towards 'no' on this issue. I thought you should know that.
  3. Almost Human

Haha I might but I don't know much about American politics. In fact I have a question about it I might ask here...

Also thanks, I went back and reread your posts, it would seem there isn't a tidal wave of favour towards this movement. Maybe I'll wait until more votes are in.
  4. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Ehh, I'm not feeling particularly strongly about this but I wasn't a fan of skype chat so count my vote for no
  5. ky

ky comfort eagle

i was a fan of skype chat and that's why i'm still in skype chat and that's why i don't see the point of putting another chat in here.

why not just post more?
  6. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I agree with this sentiment.

A lot.
  7. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

What I don't get about this is that everyone who isn't on skype doesn't like chat functions like skype or this one.

So why try to make a chat function more accessible to people who won't use it?

Unless you mean to replace skype chat with this one, in which case it would have to be objectively better than skype before everyone got on board.

And like anyone who does want a hidden level chat function can just use skype, it's not that big of a deal to install and get an account.

So I'm a no on this.
  8. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the negative here, too.

I mean, the way I see it, Skype is good for random, free-flowing, stupid jokes that move a mile a minute. The forums are good for...well, the same thing, but more thought-out and less hectic. So what purpose would a chatbox serve that isn't already covered by both of those things?
  9. Nopad

Nopad Guest

i don't like using more than one thing it stops me from pretending i'm productive

no

i can just close this one tab

believe me just

look my email's right there, that's productivity

but if it were also skype it would be like

yeah i'm not working

um there's an argument here though it's all keep things to one place make it all accessible
  10. catGenes

catGenes Got a spooky feline

I would use a chatbox for pretty much exactly what I already use the [chat] thread for.

Most places with chatboxes are not chat-orientated and the chatbox is the only outlet for getting to know people and being random.

In short, I suspect a chatbox would be kinda overkill.
  11. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

I don't want a chat box because it'll be a lot harder to resist the urge to self immolate all over the place all the time
  12. MadameSB

MadameSB Hot blooded

I don't think we have any reason to really try this.
    It'd be neat, but completely unnecessary.

Aside from that, comparing it to the Skype chat makes it seem even worse.
    No offense, but I hated the skype chat.
    It went too fast and wasn't that fun.
  13. ky

ky comfort eagle

yeah it's not for everybody

some people like skypechatting and some people like posting on hidden level and some people like both and i'm one of those.

i think the takeaway from this is that vark should totally get skype and come chat with us.
  14. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

yeah probably

but I'm so laaaaazy

e. whatever fine I'll get it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  15. ky

ky comfort eagle

yesssssssssssssssssss
  16. Almost Human

Well I think that closes this discussion then.
    Chat box is overruled.
    Now on to the next order of business: Devil worshipping, should we do it more often or a lot more often?
  17. MadameSB

MadameSB Hot blooded

Goat sacrificing: every hour of every day.
  18. ky

ky comfort eagle

what do i look like i'm made of goats or something?
  19. MadameSB

MadameSB Hot blooded

I know a """""""guy""""""".
  20. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Is he literally made of goats

I knew a guy like that once