General Feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Answers' started by Bandages, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Yeah I googled that and only found one other person that had this issue and they reccomened:

And it's pretty unhelpful but I ran the diagnostic and the only files it can't recognize are forum banners and such, and I've scanned the computer I've been on since the fourth so I'm not the source.
    The only suggestion I haven't tried is a complete forum restore, which I hope it won't come to.

Sorry, I still have that glitch where it doesn't tell me when there are new posts sometimes, so I only just saw this now.
    I don't see any of these errors personally, and I have some pretty good virus detection on a really new machine, so I have no idea....

Which theme are you using? I still see it in the Dog theme.

What exactly are the messages saying? Google is giving me nothing from just this information, sorry!
  2. catGenes

catGenes Got a spooky feline

3. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

yeah looks like timestamps and the style chooser are gone on all of them except dog army
  4. This is the warning and the dialogue box that pops up if you choose to ignore it

[​IMG]
  5. Almost Human

Okay guys, I'm wondering if it's maybe it's new virus scanners picking up on the...uh..completely legit things that make our version of the forum run. My computers aren't showing any warnings but I don't doubt that this could a legit problem. I'm going to try a few things, but since I'm about as sharp as a bowling ball, if I crash the fora I apologize and will have us back up ASAP
  6. Almost Human

All footers have been restored! Thanks Maydame!
    I wonder if that was changed when we were tapped into? I hope that's the case because it just means they got into one of the admin accounts rather than my actual uploading site.
    Bandages, you should change your password on your account. I'm changing mine now.
  7. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

aw yiss thanks
  8. It is nice to have the forum back browsable again but

Is there any particular actual malware I should be scanning for or was this all just some expatriate's high-larious prank
  9. Almost Human

It was a piece of code that had been injected into the edit forum code, it appeared to just be a hotlink of sorts. The infected file was replaced with a clean version and no infections have been found anywhere on my computer and I had the website scanned through several sites that offer URL virus/malware scanners and nothing poped up. I'm going to go ahead and say we're safe for now.
    Thanks for your patience with everything guys!
  10. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

11. Nopad

Nopad Guest

Does anyone else feel that we have too many subforums? I really don't think there's enough activity to necessitate, say, keeping The Arts separate from Plop Culture.
  12. Nopad

Nopad Guest

Is it on purpose that Gomorrah doesn't show up on the homepage when you're logged out? For like months I thought we'd deleted the subforum.
  13. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

I would assume it's so that random internet people can't go browsing at random through our personal problems in FTFO, or something to that effect.
    Unless I am reading into things here :p
  14. Almost Human

Actually you're pretty much right.
    Also I wanted to test that feature.
  15. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

I got a malware warning from chrome again

ia.11galaheravergonet.info

was the thing causing the malware warning.
  16. Almost Human

All fixed, thanks for the quick catch!
    It was the same bullshit as last time. Sheesh!
  17. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

It happened again

this time gl.10perhadnoket.info
  18. Almost Human

Thanks, fixed again.
    This is the third attack in under a week. This is getting silly!
  19. AH, I would just like to show my appreciation for your continued efforts in keeping this forum clean (and all the other administrative stuff you do).

Thank you!
  20. Almost Human

Thanks, this is pretty nice to hear!
    :)