General Feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Answers' started by Bandages, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Tell us what you think about the forums! Feed it back!
  2. okay this isnt general feedback but this is the forum q & a place so i want to ask it here i guess, what is the name of the forum software this is running on?
  3. illisid

illisid Guest

I've always been a fan of having very few subforums. I think we could do with combining most of ours, since this is a small place and we don't really have to worry about flooding. Combining serious chat into normal chat, combining the adventures together, combining media, and combining the forum nuts and bolts together so we just have 4 sounds perfect to me
  4. MadameSB

MadameSB Hot blooded

I think its set-up the way it is for better organization.
    Personally I like it.
    But that might just be me.
  5. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

It's really quite cool but my wishlist includes customizable spoiler boxes and a built in avatar rotation system.
  6. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

I think that because this is vBullitin (unless i'm mistaken) avatar rotation is impossible. You could just always make your avatar into a really slow moving gif like ressertact did?

One thing that i would like to see (but understand if it's hard to implement) are forum-unique smilies

okay really the only one that i care about a lot is Drinkie Pie. [​IMG]
  7. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

well yeah but the idea is I want to have it randomly select one of my many dancing hamster gifs.
  8. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Vbulletin. Same as MSPAF, but ours is a newer version :)

The fact that our spoiler box is even the way it is took some figuring out and for different ones we'd have to create new buttons for each, and to be honest as a not programmer, I'm focusing on the basic right now (like getting that spoiler button into the quick reply). From the searches I've done, there is no way for each user to write their own unless we make our own mod/hack that can do that. And uh, I'm an art student.
    So yeah.
    No idea how to do that.

As for the random avatars, a bit of research shows me that mods have been made for vbulletin to support such an option (although none officially by vbulletin) but the verdict seems to be that they're pretty unstable and allowing all users the option could crash the forums. I don't know the science behind it, this is just what the internet tells me.

Actually new smilies are supposed to be pretty easy to put in, and in fact vbulletin has full sections of their own forums dedicated to custom smilies. I will look further into it this week and let you know how it goes.
  9. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

I was wondering if you guys would turn on the option to allow img tags in signatures :3
  10. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Also there appears to be a maximum of 4 images allowed per post
  11. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Phew okay, I'll address some issues when I get home from work

Also, we have one custom smilie at the moment, and I'd be spilling to add more

Cause smilies are sweet :heh:
  12. qiam

qiam Guest

oh my gosh, i could totally add smilies

i could be that guy
  13. Almost Human

Oh thank god I don't have to learn to do that.
    I am getting so tired of reading tutorials.
    My brain burrrrns with knowledge.
  14. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

knowledge is power.

knowing gives you the EDGE. KNOWL EDGE!

YEAH SMARTS
  15. Dr.DMX

Dr.DMX Rockin' In The Free World

Yeah new smilies are easy mode. We need TOO MANY SMILIES!

But yeah the forum is fantastic. Great work guys. I just feel like I should have found a way to help, but what's done is done.
  16. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

This forum is currently too much like Esrever's wet dream.

(I.E. quotes don't go deeper than the current person you're quoting)
  17. Almost Human

There are still plenty of ways to help with fixing bugs, finding cool mods, designing things, bringing in flesh blood for the sacrifice... We need all the help we can get!

I hate learning though. That's why I took up art :p

It's every MSPA fans wet dream: It's an MSPA fora with no NaS. OoOo burn!
    I'm just kidding, I promise :)
  18. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

okay let me fix some problems :heh:

you can now post up to 12 images in a post and can have images in your signatures
  19. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

aw yiss

thanks bro
  20. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

heh

no problem :heh: