[GAME CHAT] Consoles II: This time, its portable

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by MadameSB, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

A friend of mine linked me to a Strange RPGMaker Game and gave me multiple warnings about it's potential to cause anxiety because he knows how I can get like sometime.

I do not know anything about this game except that it is called 'Oneshot', it is a Puzzle/Adventure Game and has features that the computer may mistake for malware.

I will take a look at it next time I get a reasonable level of spare time away from the two exams and three-four essays that I currently must focus on, then report back on it here.
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

You've intrigued me, Tri, when you know more I'd be interested in hearing about it!
  3. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Welp, I've bought Syberias I and II now.

Guess I should play them...
  4. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

Yessssssss I have corrupted another soul I mean what
  5. Triangle Man

Will do! It may take a while due to excessive levels of schoolwork, however.

Ah, catching up on the list of things to play becomes such a chore after a while...
  6. Almost Human

Whelp.
    Plugged in Destiny, made my awesome robot, fell in love with the scenery and controls and-
    got kicked off the server.
    Got back into my mission, started again, found some loot, got some headshots and-
    Tried one more time, loaded the mission, took one shot and-

Fuck Destiny.
    Fuck it so goddamn hard.
  7. Swari

Swari Beepy Lobster Man

Don't worry AH, according to the devs the game gets really fun 20 hours in
  8. Almost Human

Well I guess I'll never know, since I can't even get 20 minutes in.
    It is a shame though, what very very very little I played I did have fun with.
  9. Triangle Man

Query - I will probably need to make an Xmas List and I'd like to know about good Game Controllers for PC gaming, mostly because 'Meat Circus' and the latter half of Bastion are next to impossible with a keyboard. Does anyone here have any recommendations on this front?
  10. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Meat Circus had a bunch of tricks. Like invisibility while walking on the rope and shield to deflect the daggers. It was entirely possible on keyboard.

But if you get a controller just go with an X360 controller. It's what usually developers think when they design a game to work on one.
  11. Almost Human

I second that. I have an off brand controller and a 360 one and the 360 computer controller is light years better in every single way.
  12. Triangle Man

Huh. And it does work with the PC, right?
  13. Almost Human

The controllers we're talking about are specifically made for the PC, they're not 360 controllers, they're 360 computer controllers, so yes.
  14. Triangle Man

Ah, I put off a response for a while. Anyways, thank you to AH and Gingy for the controller recommendations. This one seems to be good for my purposes.

Also, I finally decided to give that 'Oneshot' RPGMaker game a shot. I don't want to say too much about it, but it's aesthetics are outstanding and I pretty much like everything about it. However, for reasons that will become apparent once one begins playing it, it can also be somewhat stressful and basically requires you to set aside a fair portion of time for it. I'd seriously recommend waiting until you have an entire evening off before starting the game. Really.
  15. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

dragon age is ruining my ilfe
  16. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Pokemon pokemon pokemon

Why can't I stop playing it
  17. i beat it yesterday so im free
  18. Triangle Man

The same friend who showed me 'One-Shot' showed me this trailer the other day.

I'm going to buy the fuck out of this game whenever it comes out. :)
  19. Almost Human

My Fire Emblem Awakening army is unstoppable. A Fire Emblem game that allows you to grind is just time eating madness.
    Also I just watched that trailer Tri, wahat the hell am I even seeing here? It looks like insanity and I'm kind of okay with that.