Fragments of [Music Chat]

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
A classic:

Also I don't care if I'm a year late, I love what you've posted, Tri!

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
I've never been a huge megaman fan (outside of The Protomen's rock opera) but this is an interesting take on "water level" music. I like it!

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Ah! I love modest mouse, Thank you for this share!
I've been listening to this song a lot because I've been a sad little baby about life:

canoe

never odd or even
Honest Silvers
@Triangle Man !!! That android52 song is really good! It's like perfect upbeat background music while doing work. I'm also super into mash-ups, one of my forever favorites being Madeon's Pop Culture

@inverted L-block Oh whoa I haven't listened to Modest Mouse in years, good callback. For some reason their most memorable song and line to me was "And I am doing the best that I can" from Baby Blue Sedan. And also really good album names.

@Almost Human That's a good song! My favorite line is "It's gonna hurt for a bit of time so bottom's up let's forget tonight." It reminds me of my favorite line in Lizzo's Good As Hell which is "I know that it's hard but you have to try." For some reason acknowledgement that things are rough but still being encouraging nonetheless is My Brand(tm)

My current favorite Feel Better song is very pop-y so probably not everyone's Thing (and also in Korean) but I just think it's so beautifully written.
I used to be kind of embarrassed listening to K-pop but now I will talk about BTS for days. They've been my favorite music group for several years now because they have made songs that capture how I've felt in ways I haven't been able to find in other songs??

Triangle Man

Ballparking Inner Peace
Honest Silvers
@canoe - Hey, thank you for sharing that mash-up vid, Canoe! It is right up my alley. Here's another that I found cool/fun to listen to -

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
@Almost Human That's a good song! My favorite line is "It's gonna hurt for a bit of time so bottom's up let's forget tonight." It reminds me of my favorite line in Lizzo's Good As Hell which is "I know that it's hard but you have to try." For some reason acknowledgement that things are rough but still being encouraging nonetheless is My Brand(tm)

My current favorite Feel Better song is very pop-y so probably not everyone's Thing (and also in Korean) but I just think it's so beautifully written.
I used to be kind of embarrassed listening to K-pop but now I will talk about BTS for days. They've been my favorite music group for several years now because they have made songs that capture how I've felt in ways I haven't been able to find in other songs??
I like that line a lot too, it's very human to me (not just because I use alcohol to solve all my problems :p), it's like if people telling you to just get over things is the emotional equivilent to being pushed into a cold pool, this is your friend giving you a chance to take a deep breath and jump in yourself. Either way you're going in, but having a night to not think about it and just be around people who care before you deal is really nice.
Or maybe I'm VASTLY overthinking a simple gesture among friend haha.

Also BTS is awesome and any one who says otherwise can eat moldy bread for the rest of their lives. I don't speak the languages of half the songs on my MP3 player but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them, that's kind of the beauty of music and art.

@canoe - Hey, thank you for sharing that mash-up vid, Canoe! It is right up my alley. Here's another that I found cool/fun to listen to -

I also love mashups! Here's one that's a bit different but I think you guys also might like

canoe

never odd or even
Honest Silvers
@Almost Human Wow I love that! That video hit several of my niche musical interests, including mash-ups, covers of popular songs, and... nice singing? That's... not a good description, I know, but I don't know how else to put it. People with full singing voices? It gives me this nice feeling, maybe it's my personal ASMR? Joji is someone whose voice consistently gives me this feeling.
I bookmarked his part specifically, but you guys are also welcome to watch that video in its entirety if you want to see an ex-Youtube personality dressed as a lobster fight a robot piloted by an ex-K-pop boy band member.

@Triangle Man Your music recs couldn't have come at a better time because I am up late doing a last-minute powerpoint presentation because I thought I was at the part of my career where I wouldn't need to make those anymore but then comes an email from my boss's boss at 9:30pm asking me why I haven't sent him anything for tomorrow morning's meeting so the tempo of that song is 100% me right now!!

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Okay that video and song were a lot of fun, I'm going to save that to my playlist!
And I think I know what you mean, it's like, when someone sings in a musical and you can tell they're singing purposely to make their voice heard clearly wall to wall but not straining it? Unless that's not what you mean at all in which case uh....
here's a distraction, more acapella mashups!