FOOD THREAD? FOOD THREAD.

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jul 16, 2011.

1. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACOOOON

YEAHHHHHH

Everything is better with bacon. Even heart attacks, I guess? It's time to find out.
  2. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

one of these days I will breathe life into an army of bacon golems and make them besiege a third world country.
    WILL IT BE EVIL OR GOOD DEEDS THAT I AM DOING?????
  3. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Probably the only adjective that would apply is "delicious".

BUT FOR WHOM?
  4. ky

ky comfort eagle

that is correct
  5. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Oh my goodness so I was talking to some people and one of them mentioned a great vegan place that had amazing food, and what do you know an hour later, the boyfriend wants to get frozen yogurt and the nearest place is like a few stores down from that restaurant! So I beg him to go there for dinner and it. Was. SO. GOOD. Like, I had no idea vegan food could be that delicious. Or any food really. I got penne pasta in garlic cashew cream sauce with gardein strips, wild mushrooms, fresh thyme and sprouts. Ahhh I want to figure out what was in it so I can make it myself and eat it foreverrrr
  6. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Some of the best cupcakes I've ever had came from a little vegan bakery. I'm super stoked I gave it a chance because oh god so good.
    Your pasta sounds delicious though!
    I'm looking forward to consuming lunch tomorrow, one of my roommates makes a mean stir fry and I have a container full for tomorrow. It's actually kind of frightening how healthy we eat when we cook together, for a house full of mid-20 year olds.
  7. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Toasted onion bagels with cream cheese and wild Alaskan smoked salmon. Heavennnn
  8. ky

ky comfort eagle

YES. tried any greens in there?
  9. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Okay, this sounds like something I'd love to try.

But then again, Bagels generally tend to be awesome, so...
  10. canoe

canoe never odd or even

ky, what do you mean by greens? I chopped some green onions for my boyf, but oh my gosh it tasted so perfect I did not want to add anything else to mine.

TriGuy, I honestly cannot endorse this enough. Unless you really don't like fish? But toasted bagel with cream cheese is already a winning combo anyway haha
  11. ky

ky comfort eagle

i can't remember exactly what kind of lettuce we used but i think it was...romaine? also i'll occasionally throw some garlic or capers on there. wow i really miss bagels with lox rn!!!
  12. Triangle Man

Oh, I agree! But I don't mind fish, so adding it to the mix could be a great idea!
  13. canoe

canoe never odd or even

HMMM Romaine lettuce is usually a non-offensive thing to add to anything, maybe I will try it! The onion bagels have some garlic in them which makes them that much better
    If I could, I would invite both of you over right now to have some.

Smoked salmon is like the best oh my goodness I would eat it all the time if it weren't so expensive... and also mercury and nitrates and cancer blah blah. I was grocery shopping and passed a lady who had smoked salmon in her cart and went about 30 seconds before turning around and sprinting towards the meat section.
  14. Triangle Man

Wait, is it carcinogenic?

But that's still an entertaining personal anecdote.

Because it appears to have powers that 'Lays Potato Chips' can only claim to have...
  15. canoe

canoe never odd or even

All smoked foods unfortunately are high in nitrates, which increase the risk for cancer, especially stomach cancer, which is why Japan has the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world. :(

But then again, in the US, there are more deaths from heart disease than cancer, and salmon is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids which protect your heart so... play the odds? (I can't remember if you live in Canada, but if so, I guess keep being nice and having health coverage woo)
  16. Triangle Man

Yeah, I live in Canada. And our health coverage is pretty great.

Eating more fish would be a good idea. Because my diet is actually pretty terrible when you get right down to it...

And that Japan Factoid is...unfortunate. I guess eating anything comes with some health risk.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  17. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

This is why I don't eat anything

Breathe air drink rainwater all day 2013 #lol
  18. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

It's why I don't give a shit.

junk food every day
  19. Cucurbita

Cucurbita Filled with Candy

I thought about making my return in the general chat but I couldn't think of anythign clever to say, so here have some pan fried bananas that I made the other day instead.

[​IMG]

yes that's an instagram filter don't question me
  20. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Holy hell in a hand basket!
    Not only does that look delicious, but it marks Cucu's return!
    How have you been?