FOOD THREAD? FOOD THREAD.

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Maydame

Maydame (ノಥಿ ೪ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧

2. ky

ky comfort eagle

poutine you guys

fuckin' poutine

poutine.
  3. Gonna drink water and eat air.

Because I don't know how to cook anything that isn't an egg and it's 10pm and I should be going to bed but I'm hungry and bluh.

I want a grilled cheese sandwich but I can't eat cheese.

Lactose Intolerance is suffering without pills/lactose free stuff :C
  4. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Today for lunch, I feasted.

If you ever wanted to know what a $15 sandwich tastes like, I can tell you this

It tasted like GLORY
  5. Maydame

I'm p sure I left a choco pancakes recipe around here somewhere, I just made a reduced batch (four instead of a lot) with some tweaks

whisk together in a big bowl

1 egg
    1 tbsp oil
    1/3 cup milk
    1 tsp instant coffee
    1 tsp vanilla

then dump in

7 tbsp flour
    3 tbsp cocoa
    2 tbsp sugar
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt

and stir until it's incorporated but not so long it gets smooth

melt some butter in a frying pan on medium until it's hot enough, then spoon in one quarter of the batter and spread it out a bit in a vaguely circular shape

when you see bubbles form flip it

repeatx3

I had blackberry jam on mine

they taste exactly like chocolate doughnuts
  6. Traikan

Traikan I have scales

Oh hey food thread. I have a cake recipe for you! I've made this for several occasions and it always gets unanimous praise. Plus, it's vegan! Good for smarmy vegan assholes like myself.

(preheat yo oven to 350)
    Mix these in an 8x8 metal pan: (I've double the recipe for a 9x13 pan and it works fine, by the way)
    1 1/4 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Mix these in a bowl:
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
    1 cup warm water

Once you have mixed them separately, add the stuff in the bowl to the pan and mix them together! Bake that shit for 30 minutes, then voila! CAKE.

Optional (but totally bitchin') chocolate glaze:

Mix these in a saucepan and bring it to a boil: (stir them constantly!)
    1/2 cup sugar
    4 tbsp margarine
    2 tbsp soy milk
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tsp vanilla extract

Once it's boiling for two minutes, take it off the heat and stir for another 5 minutes. Then drizzle that shit on your cake, let it cool, and enjoy your badass culinary concoction.
  7. Just made and ate a sandwich with two fried eggs, slice of deli-ham, goat cheese, and miracle whip all on toasted potato bread.

And it was good :yay:
  8. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

Today I was gripped by this horrible urge to cook (and cook and cook and cook). I made buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes, fried chicken wings, beer-battered fried pickles, and boiled eggs for some reason. I wanted to make banana nut bread but I forced myself to stop cooking for the day. I think I've been possessed by a manic housewife. I barely even ate any of it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  9. inexpediency

I poached an egg for the first time. It was a mild success!
  10. inexpediency

[video=youtube;pFiUVSNRRlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFiUVSNRRlg[/video]

i made guacamole today
  11. Maydame

salsa-esque thing

half avocado diced
    half nectarine diced
    six grape tomatoes quartered
    clove of garlic minced
    hot sauce

eaten with those lil chicken taco things they have at costco

it was p good
  12. U-picked a bunch of peaches, proceeded to preserve said peaches

Heated up resulting peachserves, served over homemade vanilla ice cream

It is like every one of my innumerable naughty places is tingling with metaphorical AND literal peach implications

Golly gee willickers and hot damn!
  13. inexpediency

things that taste good together:

chocolate turtle pie and ginger tea
  14. Maydame

i really wanna make soups today

as with almost every day

fantasy veggie soup with carrots/beets/acorn squash/garlic/ginger/cream

i have only carrots and garlic of those things though
  15. canoe

canoe never odd or even

I made my first breakfast skillet this morning! Cubed potatoes, bell peppers (yellow, orange and red), yellow onions, and sausage with melted cheddar cheese and topped with eggs sunny side up. It looked like such a pretty Autumn breakfast :)
    Next time I might add some spinach and mushrooms though.

Also, it's finally Autumn weather!! Meaning I spent yesterday (the first gloomy day) feeling depressed as all get out, but it also means I can make soup again and holy flip I love soup like you have no idea
  16. canoe

canoe never odd or even

November means cooking a lot!! YAY

I celebrated the first day of November by making chicken soup: half a chicken, brown onions, garlic, carrots, celery and then topped with green onions and cilantro with a side of rice. Sooo good

I was planning on making miso soup last night but I realized I forgot to buy any tofu :( So I just sort of made up a seafood soup kind of deal on the fly from some shrimp ramen, peeled shrimp, imitation crab, brown onions, broccoli and then a poached egg. I also added a dash of sesame oil, which I thought turned out sort of weird but the boyf said he liked it so hooray for that

Tonight we had crab salad sandwiches! Made mainly from leftovers. Shredded imitation crab meat, celery, carrots, green onion and just a little bit of mayonaise, salt and pepper to taste, on top of a toasted sesame seed bagel.

That's it so far for food adventures. If anyone has soup recommendations though, I'm all ears! I love making soup!!!
  17. canoe

canoe never odd or even

Beef stew beef stew beef stew!
    Browned some beef chuck dusted with flour in olive oil with minced garlic and onions before putting them in water, along with a beef bone. Over the course of 4 hours added brown onions, carrots, potatoes, celery and mushrooms and then flour at the end to thicken it, and served with green onions. Ahhh so good uvu
    I only used salt for seasoning because I didn't have any thyme and my rosemary plant has been a little sad ever since Autumn started :(
    I have some oregano and sage but I was a little worried about experimenting, but I think it tasted pretty good without anything else. Maybe next time.

Then last week I finally finally made miso soup from a salmon steak, red miso paste, tofu, seaweed and brown and green onions. It was a little light so I served it with a side of brown rice and salad too. Nom nom nom

Soups continue to be the best thing ever
  18. canoe

canoe never odd or even

I made clam chowder last night. Never again.

FUCK rouxes. I hate rouxes.

I usually love clam chowder so I'd been wanting to make it for awhile. I guess it ended up turning out alright? I simmered onions, carrots, potatoes and celery in clam juice while I made the stupid roux and added half and half, mixed them both together and then finally added baby clams. I was pretty nervous about it, so I also added some skim milk, a dash of apple cider vinegar and garlic powder in the end, but oh my Angela Lansbury that roux. I cannot stress how much I hate roux. I don't like cooking with butter because... it's butter! It's solid in room temperature and so bad for your heart and the recipe told me to add SO MUCH of it (and some user comments even suggested adding in bacon grease IN ADDITION to the butter, ugh gross what no) and I didn't even HAVE that much butter so I put in all I had (about 1/3 of the recipe) and in the end, it STILL tasted way too buttery to me and I pretty much freaked out for two hours until my boyfriend and his friend came over to eat it and they both told me it was fine.

Anyway, that was it. Back to meat- and vegetable-based stocks for me!
  19. Draga

Draga Cat Scratch Fever

I've never liked seafood, so clam chowder sounds pretty bleh to me. Heck, I don't even like fish much outside of tuna (<3 tuna) and cod.
  20. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Noooo, I want your clam chowder, seafood is the best!

Maybe it's just because I'm from the coast, but boy howdy do I love me some fish and such. Actually I had lobster the other night, it was pretty delicious.

Canoe ahhhh you're right about butter and everything but it's so good D:
    You are the medically smart person here, I am going to have like a thousand heart attacks