EVERY DAY THEY ENTER THE MAZE IN SEARCH OF CHEESE

Discussion in 'Another Basement' started by atomic, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Mammon spreads his wings a few times, getting a feel for them. Surprisingly, they do not feel unnatural. With a grunt of effort and a jump, he flies up through the hole in the ceiling.
  2. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

THE DESTROMINATOR NAMES HIS NEW WEAPON THE BLUTSTACHEL.

HE GOES SOUTHEAST IN SEARCH OF FRESH MEAT TO PULVERIZE.
  3. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

CALLING ALL CATGENES
  4. catGenes

catGenes Got a spooky feline

Stick finger in bubbling green pool?

(Sorry, my "new posts" button keeps playing up and telling me there are no new posts.)
  5. atomic

CALLING ALL TRIGUYS
  6. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Wait, what?

I'm ducking out the door, okay?
  7. atomic

AND NOW I AM OUT OF EXCUSES

THE UPDATE WILL HAPPEN SOON
  8. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

9. atomic

[​IMG]

Without looking back, you leave the carcasses and your temporary ally behind and stride purposefully northwards.

You stand in a large room. Three apparently unlocked chests line the north wall. Past them, in the northeast corner, lies a wide hallway.

Moving quickly, you lunge forward with arm outstretched. Your hand pierces the creatures protective miasma and it thunks valuably to the ground. You're not fast enough, however, and the second beast closes quickly in. Agony.

You're hurled backwards towards the wall. As the room grows rapidly black, you see the beast float off down the hall, apparently satisfied. You'll be unconscious for at least a turn.

Your new wings will open many paths for you. You ascend easily and find yourself in a small, cramped room. The ceiling is very low and the lighting is poor. A table sits near the south of the room. On it are four vials, each with a brightly coloured liquid within. There appear to have been doors to the east and west, but the opening are bricked shut from your side. To the north is a low opening, through which you can see what appears to be the top of some huge undead creature.

Through careful use of scientific method, you conclude that the bubbling green pool is incredibly corrosive. You decide to switch to a base 9 number system.

[​IMG]

BLUTSTACHEL. IT FEELS RIGHT. YOUR NEW FRIEND SINGS YOU SONGS OF DEATH AND PAIN. THE DEATH AND PAIN OF OTHERS. TOGETHER YOU HEAD SOUTHEAST.

THE ROOM IS EMPTY. A DOOR LEADS SOUTH, A DOOR LEADS STILL FURTHER EAST.

You duck out the door. The waist high door that you didn't see last time you looked! You didn't see it at all, actually. Good thing you ducked.

But no sooner do you take three steps, the floor gives way beneath you! You hurtle downwards to the floor below, landing painfully. There's a painful grating in your side. As you groan to your feet, you take note of your new surroundings: there are no doors, no windows, no lights, only poor illumination from the hole you fell through. Dark stains speckle the cold stone floor. And you're not alone.

A horned face grins at you through the darkness. "Nice of you to drop in," it oozes. It makes no further move, only chuckling and gibbering quietly to itself.

HI EVERYONE

I'M GONNA LET Y'ALL MAKE LESS STRUCTURED MOVES NOW

NO MORE HANDHOLDING

IF YOU'VE GOT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE VALIDITY OF AN ACTION, PM ME OR WHATEVER

OR JUST DO IT AND FIND OUT

BUT THE MAZE IS UNFORGIVING
  10. biggs hoson

biggs hoson ghosts need love too

THE DESTROMINATOR FEELS IT'S TIME TO KICK THIS SHIT IN THE FUCKING BALLS

THE DESTROMINATOR IS GOING TO BE CASHING CHECKS AND SNAPPING NECKS

HE'S READY TO TAKE OUT SOME LOANS AND CRUSH SOME BONES

HE'S GONNA PAY HIS TAXES AND BURY HIS AXES

THE DESTROMINATOR GOES SOUTH
  11. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Open them from left to right

Stop if something bad happens

e: oh yeah inspect them first if possible, that seems like something my guy would be able to do
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  12. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

13. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Who's the ampersand in the room to my east?
  14. atomic

catgenes!
  15. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Bawahaha

Mammon feels the life force of a nearby challenger. He ignores the potions and flies into the room to the East. If possible, he welcomes whoever he finds with Icy Death.
  16. atomic

The bricks are well mortared, the doors are well sealed. There's no obvious way through the openings without something to break through the stone.
  17. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

Grawr!

Mammon throws the potions at the eastern door one by one from a safe distance hoping that one will blow up or melt the brick!
  18. atomic

CATGENES AND TRIGUY
  19. catGenes

catGenes Got a spooky feline

Admire strange new asymmetry of hands. Shrug, and head North
  20. atomic