Comics Chat: I Shall Become A Chat!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by inexpediency, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

A fair warning to all: I picked up the fourth Justice League Dark trade today and it is utter rubbish. I don't pick up a Constantine title to see 20 pages of spandex fights.
  2. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

After playing through The Wolf Among Us, I finally started reading through my first actual comic series.
    Fables by Bill Willingham, which is what the game TWAU is based on.

I think it might have piqued a new interest in me to start reading comics, and maybe actually collect some.
    There are some criticisms I could give to the series but I simply love the spin it takes on classic fable tales.
  3. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member B├╝rgermeister

Fables is pretty solid. I also have a few minor gripes but overall I really enjoyed the main series, although I haven't checked out Fairest or any of the other spin off/on goings.
    I have the first volume of Kill Shakespeare too, but every time I pick it up I just have the hardest time trying to get into it. It's so weird because I love Shakespeare so I thought I'd be so into the series. Hopefully I'll just be in the right mood for it one day though and it will click.
  4. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Read Lumberjanes for the first time yesterday. Gonna be difficult not to make it the next Thing I Won't Shut Up About