Comic Jam!

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by ectocal, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Sorry guys, I'm holding things up. Please just skip me.
  2. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

...But then it won't make any sense. This is the last panel of the comic. It doesn't have a conclusive ending, and there's no one to skip to.

I put you last to give you time to do this; take all the time you need.

In the meantime: Should we go ahead and start the next one? What does everyone think?
  3. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

I'm cool with that
  4. Yeah I'm game.
    And don't worry about it AH, just think of an idea when you have time. It doesn't have to look great either.
  5. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

All right! While we eagerly await AH's panel (seriously, on the edge of my seat here for the thrilling conclusion), it seems like it could take a while, so let's get started on a new one!

Here's our order this time around:
    PANEL 1: gingerale
    PANEL 2: Siranae
    PANEL 3: Tesseract
    PANEL 4: ectocal
    PANEL 5: inexpediency
    PANEL 6: Varkarrus
    PANEL 7: Triangle Man

(Turn orders will be randomized for each comic, but I'll make sure everyone gets a turn going first and last.)

Aaaaand....GO!
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Varkarrus likes this.
  6. Almost Human

Take me off the next one please, I overestimated how much free time I would have and I really don't want people waiting on me anymore than they already are.
    And if someone wants to take my last panel for the other one, I would appreciate it. I won't sign up again until I know I have the time.
    Sorry guys.
  7. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Done. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I don't want to pressure you into something you don't have time to do.

That said, I'd be glad to wait until you have time to finish off the first one for us, however long it might take. I think it'd be worth the wait. But, if you really want, I can try to find a solution to end the comic without you.
  8. Almost Human

Yeah, I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to spoil the fun by having you guys wait for me for ages.
  9. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

That's fair. We'll still wait for you to make the last panel to the first comic, though. We can do others in the meantime.
  10. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

[​IMG]

Left out dialogue so it can be taken to more directions.Continue however!

The final panel is the "first" panel in a sense. I just figured I'd set the mood with some extras.
  11. Almost Human

[​IMG]

panel! Sorry again for the delays guys, I won't hold you up again :)

Haha, Ginger, you should do your own comic with ideas like that! I'm serious too, I'd really like to see that.
  12. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

13. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

That was amazing. You are amazing, AH.
  14. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Not too sure about that. I don't think I'd have the time and I'd need new markers and all. And writing is haaard.

I wholeheartedly agree with these statements!
  15. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

Would it help if you knew someone whose dream job was writing comics
  16. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Sure, but then I'd have to be good enough to make their vision come reality. And that's a lot harder than just drawing whatever you like yourself.
  17. Almost Human

Haha thanks guys, glad you liked my silliness :)
  18. Ah I'm so sorry I'm so late! Things have gotten really busy this week. I'm kinda trying to play catchup on all the work I didn't do cause of Comic Con.

AH. That is beautiful. Totally worth the wait.

But speaking of comics here's my page. I'm really liking the film noir vibe you set up, Ging! Love the panels :D

Comic Jam Noir.png
  19. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Glad you liked the setting! Wonderful continuation (not what I predicted). Have fun, Tess. ♥
  20. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Oh man this looks so fun. Next time I'm on board, despite my limited artistic ability.