[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Oh my god Porter Air SUCKS.
    They cancelled my flight, which fine, shit happens, and rescheduled me for the next morning. Then they had the gall to try and bump me to the next day without even notifying me! I showed up at 6 in the morning to be told they rebooked me for the day after! I threw such a fit!!
    They got me on a flight later that day but seriously, fuuuck them
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

From what I understand of it, the Airline Industry is a train-wreck and nobody likes it. Sorry you had to go through that. :/

Remember - When in doubt, hack a Broadcasting Station.

3. Almost Human

Bahaha I would if I could! Thankfully I can file a complaint with the CTA, maybe get my lost work day and flight compensated
  4. Triangle Man

Sounds like a good plan, and I wish you best of luck in this quest for a refund and additional heroic glory.

Bonus Fun Fact - My Workplace is gonna have enough planned events this Summer to give me at least a bit of pocket change during a period that's generally dead quiet, so that's good. :)

The literal hundreds of fires tearing up my home province, on the other hand, are not so good. :/

Stay safe and have a good one, everyone.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  5. Almost Human

Augh I hope you're okay, despite the fires! A little extra cash never hurts.
    What's causing all the forest fires anyway? This seasons been super rainy on my side of the country, have you guys been super dry?
  6. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Okay so update:
    at this point I'm pretty sure I'm atypically autistic
    Orisa is my main
    my thingie is Three96#1234 let me shield you from harms

hi i'm still alive
  7. Blank_

Oh and also one time my boss pissed me off and so I just stopped working and they didn't even fire me for eight months

It's really funny because it was at my highest paying job
  8. Triangle Man

@ AH - None of them are anywhere near my place, but thanks anyways. :)

Also, the cause of the fires is some combination of lightning strikes, idiots with unattended campfires and drier-than-normal forests thanks to Climate Change. Of course, our Summers are always dry, and we always have at least a few forest fires, but this year it all came together in a perfect storm of terrible.

@ Blank - The absolute lack of attention displayed by your ex-employers is breathtaking. I am in awe of your sweet cash haul. XD

Also, glad to see you're keeping well during your journey of self-discovery and future robots. :)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. Almost Human

I'm glad to hear you're still alive, Blank!
    I wish I could walkout on my job for 8 months with pay, haha! That's pretty sweet!!

I've been in the deep dark as of late, but I've made a doctor's appointment so hopefully things will be fixed soon.

Glad to hear the fires haven't gotten to you, Tri! That is...a lot of ways for a blaze to start. That's pretty frightening.
  10. Blank_

I've forgotten how to pronounce the word "cretin"
  11. Almost Human

I've heard it pronounced "cree-tan" and "kret-tin" before, I'm not sure which is proper.
    I forgot the word for helipcopter last week and just called it a "whirley mover" which I think I actually like better now?
    Blank_ likes this.
  12. Triangle Man

Re: Doctors - Best of luck on the appointment! :)

Re: Fires - Yeah, it is, but most of them are completely preventable, so a little due diligence most important. Smokey the Bear and all that stuff.

Re: Pronunciation - Yeah, that's about right for 'Cretin'. Also, 'Whirley Mover' is the freakin' best Synonym.

After 'Horse Tornado', of course.
  13. Blank_

bird leaf
  14. Almost Human

Oh my god guys, I've been on new meds and have been ALL over the board the last little while because of them. I've been high, I've been low, I've been throwing up....It's been a madhouse but despite it all I actually do feel better? It's strange and really hard to describe.

I've also gotten over losing my D&D group and have instead been spending that time (well, the parts of it where I wasn't throwing up) drawing again! I've been making charts and infographics for my work and adorning them with some of these small drawings.

I've also officially named my cat Princess Fatty Cakes. It's very suiting.
  15. Triangle Man

We've got a heat-wave/poor air quality double warning right now. It's day three and there is so much smoke in the air that you can't see any of the mountains, which is a big deal since they dominate the skyline. Good news is that I have an excuse to stay indoors and focus on the writing project instead, as was the plan all along.

I really wish it would clear up soon, though. This is even worse than the usual scorching hot summer heat, and the only reason why I don't have to deal with that is this sweet portable fan I got at the start of July. :/

@AH - Glad the meds are working out. They can really help in the right circumstances, side effects aside.

Awesome job with the artwork, then! I was quite sure what to say at the time of the DnD debacle, but I'm glad you've moved past that and are throwing yourself into Sweet Doodling Action. Although it would also be nice if you could find a not-stupid group at some point in the future, as well.

Nice Cat Name.

@Blank - I didn't realize you were talking about a 'feather' until I went on imgur and saw a funny screencap that spelled the joke out for me. Guess my thinkpan isn't thinking or panning that well right now. O_O
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Blank_ likes this.
  16. Almost Human

Haha yeah, I'd love to find a not stupid group but now I'm crazy worried that I'd be holding back and censoring myself all the time for fear of getting kicked out again.

And thanks! She's a pretty cool cat! Definitely not for everyone, since she still will get scared seemingly at random and bite, but I don't mind. She apologizes right afterwards...
    Hmmm I may be in an abusive relationship with my cat :p :p :p

I'm so sorry you have to go through that though :(
  17. Triangle Man

That's a fair concern, yeah. Building up that level of trust takes a very long amount of time, on average. @_@ Best of luck no matter what, though.

Cats are just strange animals in general. And apparently for Masochists. Glad you like the cat enough to keep her around. :)

Thanks. We're hanging in there pretty well right now.
  18. Almost Human

She is super strange! I did that slow blink thing where it's supposed to be cat language for I love you and she was so insulted she ignored me the rest of the night!
    I'm back on her good side today though :) :) :)
  19. Blank_

cat: "Oh good they did that slow blink thing I can stop watching them with suspicion"
    almonds: "SHE'S IGNORMING ME"
  20. Triangle Man

Cats truly are Strange and Mysterious Creatures.

Who more or less do their own thing and like us because we feed them.

So maybe they aren't that Strange and Mysterious after all.