[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I had to look up Mr. Simmons' name, but I'm... surprised that the famous weight-loss video guy has been so reclusive, and also at how little I've thought about him in spite of seeing him everywhere as a kid. I'd have to agree , though - he deserves to be left alone if that's what he wants and the media/public should just back off. Plus he apparently owns three Dalmatians and employs two Maids, so it's not like he's completely alone at home.
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Well if rumour serves than part of the reason he may be hidden away is because his beloved dalmatians died. I can't really blame him for that either.
    I feel like an intruder by enjoying the podcast, but it did wrap up on a slightly positive note. I do hope Richard Simmons is happy though, he helped a lot of people and deserves to be able to relax.
  3. Shit I keep forgetting to check the forums cause of work and stuff.
    Also if I had three dalmatians I too would probably be a recluse I'd just play with them all day.
  4. Almost Human

I think I probably would too. I love dalmatians! Could not care less that they have a reputation for being bad with kids, since I don't super like kids :p

Also I got a new computer monitor so now I can actually see the colours that I'm using when drawing! Huzzah!
  5. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

I feel both of these statements so hard.

Also a new monitor is awesome, AH! :D I bought myself a new microphone off amazon (that I probably can't quite afford, but it's on my credit card so I can take it out of next month's budget... haha...). It's a bit of a splurge, but I got asked to voice a character in a podcast a couple friends are working on, and I'm really excited!
  6. Almost Human

That's an awesome opportunity! I don't blame you at all for investing in that! I wouldn't have gotten a new monitor if my friend hadn't convinced me it was better for my freelancing and drawing jobs.
    Also voice over work is amazing!! I hope it is a character you enjoy
  7. lovelyAssistant

I think it will be! I'm only in one episode so far, but it's a big role in that episode. I'll apparently probably be asked to voice smaller parts in later episodes as needed, too! It's not paid work, but nobody producing it is getting any money off it at this point; we're all just nerds who like podcasts, haha.
  8. Almost Human

Hey man, do what you love and the money will come in time!
  9. Triangle Man

Yeah, and it sounds like a good time in any case. Looking forward to the finished product, LA! :)

Also, yeah, that sounds like quite the hardware upgrade, AH. Never settle for anything less then the best. :)
  10. Almost Human

Guys! Thimbleweed Park is out on steam! It looks so much like maniac mansion and I'm so stoked to play it! I have physio tonight but when I get back that is my jaaaaam!
  11. Triangle Man

Found the Trailer on Steam, this game appeals to my fucked-up sense of humor, will definitely be looking into it.

12. Almost Human

It's pretty fun! My only complaint is that the LucasFilms jokes went from subtle to blatant pretty quickly and that got a bit annoying.
    Otherwise really liking it!
  13. Triangle Man

That's good to know! I've been busy with work lately, yet have still found some time to get a bit more gaming and whatever in, so that's good.

Also a lot of reading. So many books, so little time. O_O

By the way, since I proposed a game with a... similar concept a while ago, I'm glad that this upcoming horror game is coming out.

Maybe I'll have to give it a shot? :|
  14. Almost Human

Oh dang! That looks so good! Kind of like Inside but mixed with....Tim Burton? I'm into it!
    We're also looking forward to outlast 2, which looks super promising!
    I haven't had much time to play anything new as of late; just spent my whole weekend at setting up and then tearing down a bridal shower. The bride loved it but I'm still draaaaained.

Also fun news! I've been invited on to a game jam team! I've never done one before but I'm pretty darn stoked!
  15. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Oh shit, for what?
  16. Almost Human

Sorry for the slow reply, lots of shit goin' down this week deadline wise.
    I'm in TOJam: What Twelves Below!
  17. lovelyAssistant

That sounds awesome!
  18. Almost Human

I hope it will be! I'm really nervous about being dead weight but so far people have been pretty supportive.
    We're allowed to sort a few things out in advance so I've been drawing out some backgrounds, just simple things, but I have to admit its been kind of relaxing :)
  19. Triangle Man

Sounds like a good time. And yeah, creative stuff can be really, really calming in and of itself, somehow.

Also, make sure to link the game back here if you can! I'm interested to see what it is!
  20. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Hi I put Ubuntu on my computer so I guess I'm a hacker now