[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

This bastard can be charged with up to 150 Years in Jail without Parole under Canadian Law and I hope that's what he gets.

If there is a silver lining to this whole sordid episode, it's that it's triggering a lot of public discussion and soul-searching about hate speech here in Canada, as well as the way we've talked about Muslims in our media.

There are still some hateful dipshits trying to cause more trouble, but the more bridge-building we get out of this the better.
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

It's true, weird that he didn't kill himself though, he could have at least done us that favour.
    Okay, we hear a lot about the bad on a daily bases, and I'm not saying ignore it but here's some good news to lighten the load:

- In Maryland there is a tattoo parlour that covers up racist/offensive tattoos for free to helop those who have truly changed move on from their past.

- Tennessee is providing free community college to not only recent grads, but adults seeking to further their education as well.

- The University of Toronto has created an alternative to firewood using thrown out coffee grounds to aid refugees over seas.

- Scientists have created a flu vaccine...for dogs!

- Instead of buying an expensive super bowl ad, Hienz used that money to give all their employees a paid day off.

- Delhi has banned all disposable plastics in an attempt to curb pollution and ocean litter.

- After a Tavern in Colorado caught fire, the owners still gave their staff their regular pay despite being unable to work in the restaurant. The catch? They had to spend that time volunteering instead.

Hope some of that brings a bit of a smile in these dark times!
    Triangle Man likes this.
  3. Triangle Man

Yeah, it does. :) I wasn't even aware of most of it, either.

This, and the protests, and other shows of support/bids at making the world a slightly better place to be in have really helped me keep faith in humanity.

And - I also find joy in dumb videos!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Guys
    I have played so much guitar that my shoulders, arms, and back are sore

I love playing the guitar
    Triangle Man likes this.
  5. Almost Human

Tri, that video was amazing and I admit I laughed probably harder than I should have!

Also, Blank, that is amazing!

I pushed my ankle too far today and have to work from home. I feel super guilty for it, especially since I was well enough to go in yesterday, and even more selfishly on Sunday I got the linework for my tattoo done. If I can do that, why can't I manage a full week of work? Guhhh
    On the bright side the lines for my tattoo look AMAZING. I can't wait to start on the colours
  6. Almost Human

Also does anyone know what this bird is?
    I love it.

[​IMG]
  7. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

8. Triangle Man

@ Blank_ - Fucking Awesome! :) It sounds like a good kind of pain. :)

@ AH - Sucks about the Ankle, rocks about the Tattoo. I fractured my toe a couple of years ago, so I say take your time to recover. Stepping on an injured foot is no fun.

@ Tess - I learned something new today. It's a good bird. :)
  9. Blank_

Guys I am so good at the guitar now

Naw just kidding. I totally suck still but now I know what most of the parts do
    Triangle Man likes this.
  10. Almost Human

Nice! Practice makes perfect!
    I've been home from work on and off, working from my own computer as my ankle heels. This injury has shown me the best and worst of people; I've had people try to shame me for taking a priority seat on the bus (it was a very obese man who, after I pointed out my injury was quick to tell me he blew out both his knees so I guess he still wins?) but I've also had friends offer to get me anything I need, and even help me wash if I need it.
    It's been pretty up and down, but I have to admit I can't wait until I'm healed and it's all over.

Ah!! Thank you!!!
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Triangle Man likes this.
  11. Blank_

I bought a vape pen to smoke my pot and while it is a billion times more convenient and now the only problem is that I love watching smoke plumes when I'm stoned
  12. Triangle Man

Can you do l33t VaPe tricks 420blazeit?

Also like five members of my city's NHL Team apparently got benched due to a sudden case of the mumps and given their current 'reputation' I'm am both unsurprised and strangely amused byt it.

I mean, their season's already going bad, of course this was going to happen to them. Like why wouldn't it? :/
  13. Almost Human

Oh dang, we were talking at work today about whether or not we're vaccinated against it. I've had all my vaccines and boosters but someone said that anyone born after 1996 wasn't vaccinated?
    I'm not really sure we ever reached a conclusion.

Also it was bonus announcements at work today so I feel a bit better about my current situation!
    Life is tough but I guess it's good to remember that good shit will happen now and again.
    NotAPumpkin and Triangle Man like this.
  14. Triangle Man

15. Almost Human

Aw and here I've been such a proponent of everyone getting their needles and herd immunity and I may be part of the problem! I did think I was fully vaccinated though. I'll have to ask my doctor about this stuff next time I'm in. I'd rather a few more needles than to get some poor kid sick who can't get theirs for medical reasons.
  16. Triangle Man

Yeah, that would be a wise idea. Speaking of, I'm apparently in the clear, but since I have an appointment with my Family Doctor for a 'general checkup' coming up it might be a good idea to do ask anyways, just in case.

Don't want to end up like my city's infamous hockey team, after all.
  17. Almost Human

Just to be sure, you probably shouldn't make out with any sailors.
    Better to be safe than sorry!
    Triangle Man likes this.
  18. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

B-but sailors is all there is here

Good thing I'm not that into making out, haha. It's St. Patty's Day, shucks. Maybe I should try finding something exciting to do...or, more likely, hide inside like an especially reclusive crab. Cheers!
  19. Almost Human

Bahaha I'm hiding in tonight too. It's weird, I usually love this night and it's actually on a friday this year but something just isn't doing it for me.
    So instead it's order in food, beer and some drawing!
  20. Almost Human

I've been listening to the Missing Richard Simmons podcast and it's so heartbreaking. I'm halfway through the finale. I admit, I'd kinda just assumed he'd made his money and moved on, but knowing how empathetic and troubled he is as a person, and knowing how much people miss him is super sad.
    He's helped a lot of people and deserves to be helped if he needs it.
    And he deserves to be left alone if that's what he wants too, I suppose.