[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Guys! I'm sorry I left you! I've had the most non-stop week ever! It's been nuts and my god I was both drunk and learning pretty much the whole weekend. Also work's gone nuts and one of my coworkers like, freaked out today after she was caught in a lie by a supervisor! Also also I talked to my landlady and it looks like my mail might stop being stolen. Also also also I got to try overwatch and it's fun!
    I think that's all the alsos for now. I have to clean my apartment it's disgusting.

Uhhhh I wrote all this yesterday and apparently didn't hit post? I guess that goes to show my state of mind, haha.
    Blank_ likes this.
  2. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

tell your landlady she can get your mail back when she pries it from my cold, dead hands
  3. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Hot damn that sounds like a whirlwind. "Drunk and learning" might be the best possible combination of things to be!

Also that sounds like some prime work drama right there.

Good to have you back!
  4. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I have ordered one mini fpv done, one spectrum six channel controller and one set of fat shark fpv goggles. I am now a rigger
  5. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Sounds like an adventure from Start to Finish, AH. Aka the best week to have.

I ran a 5K run today and it hurt like crazy after the fact but I feel pretty good about doing it. :)

@Inex - No Inex no.

@Blank - Ready to Shadowrun it up, then?
  6. Almost Human

Ah that would explain that shrine you have to me made entirely out of my pay stubs....
    Not sure why you posted them online though.

Haha drinking and learning was awesome! Unfortunately the work drama escalated and that coworker and a couple others decided deadlines didn't apply to them, so a couple of us had to pull 11 hour days three nights in a row to try and make up for it.
    I got drunk last night and slept for almost 12 hours, haha

I don't know what most of that is but it sounds awesome!

Thanks! It def started out that way, haha!
    Also holy shit congrats! I can barely run a block so I'm super impressed and really proud of you!
  7. Blank_

Check out the bottom of the previous page. The video itself is what he's seeing from his goggles.
  8. inexpediency

to appease the dark god of--

actually forget i said anything
  9. Blank_

Huge mass shooting at a gay club in Orlando today :(
  10. Triangle Man

@ AH - Thanks! It actually felt really good to complete. I think I'd like to keep doing it in the future. :)

Also sorry that work has suddenly turned stupid for you. Good luck with the newest round of drama.

@ Blank - Yeah, I heard about it. There was a candlelight vigil going on outside of the art gallery today. Stopped by to watch it for a few minutes.

Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  11. Blank_

I'm light of what's going on, I'm going to try to assemble a trans girl team for airsoft/paintball in order to teach tactical movement and situational awareness
  12. Almost Human

That sounds pretty awesome, not that it has to be done I mean, but like a fun way to go about learning some useful skills in this dangerous world.
  13. ky

ky comfort eagle

i've been thinking about self-defense stuff a lot lately and i kind of want to learn krav maga bc i'm afraid i'm gonna have to fight fascists one of these days. it's scary times :C
  14. Triangle Man

1) Self-Defense and basic Tactics are both good skills to learn and I wish you all luck in your various endeavors.

I just wish that this semi-fanatical gun culture didn't make it necessary in the first place. :/

2) This -

15. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

16. canoe

canoe never odd or even

If anyone wants to learn practical self-defense, krav maga is the best resource. I took a class once and it was pretty good, didn't really alienate in terms of strength or agility requirements. Be wary of anything that can double as a sport or has a point system as they are not realistic or safe for real-life altercations.

It is incredibly scary times and I would recommend that everyone arm themselves with the ability to kill someone who may threaten their life, whether they be fascists, racists, or what have you. You cannot practice non-violence without the capability of violence. The poor cannot stage a hunger strike. You cannot choose to spare someone unless you know that you could kill them.

Additionally, learning self-defense inadvertently helped me with my depression and self-loathing a lot.

Also hey guys I'm back I've missed all of your wonderful and beautiful selves!! Sorry to come back on such an intense note but recent events have stirred up so much hatred and danger towards people I love that I am absolutely having none of it
    Blank_ likes this.
  17. inexpediency

canoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Triangle Man

Oh jeez. Long time no post, Canoe! Don't worry about the intensity.

I'm doing okay, aside from some sleep problems.
  19. Almost Human

Welcome back, love!
    And yes! That's why I always carry a hammer with me.
    I won't go down without a fight, that's for sure
  20. Blank_

Weapons!
    Here's some things I bought recently:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just to point out that men suffer from a terminal form of the dunning-kruger effect:
    [​IMG]