[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

hey all

it's a new chat thread

chat about cats, chat about bats, chat about spats, chat about hats, chat about fats (my favorite is butter), chat about chats (that's french for cats)

so. chat about that!
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

I don't know if I can chat about all that, and I fear that chatting about cats will turn me into that which I fear the most.
    The internet.
  3. Captain Zaven

yarr, the interweb be a fickle mistress, but for those of us after the white whale of employment in these hard times must learn to ride her waves...

maybe if i attach my resume to a harpoon and stab the hiring director with it they'll see that i'm highly motivated and also creative

bonus joke: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
    Ye may be tempted to say it be "R," but a real pirate's first love... be the "C."
  4. Almost Human

Yeah I'm going to quit my job in the next few months and getting back out and looking is scaring the crap out of me. I'm rather be scared than miserable though, and the last few years have been missserable.

an unrelated bonus joke: Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?
    because if it had four it would be a chicken sedan!
  5. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Wait, we have another one of these already? We're replacing these threads more often than other people replace their iPhones at this point!

Jeez, that sucks, AH. You may want to start searching for stuff now even while you're at the new job, though, so that you can reduce the amount of time that you go without having a job. Anything to get away from the current one, I suppose.

As for me, I'm attempting a job hunt as well, but that's been completely derailed by my anxiety/obsessive disorders prioritizing political shit, media review shit, all of my past mistakes both online and offline and pretty much everything and anything that would be counterproductive and/or make me feel angry and miserable. It's... something that I'm getting better with, but needless to say I'll have to work on all this stuff asap.

Still, I have a lot more time for reading, my job is still awesome, and while I'm still somewhat pessimistic about the state of the world the various protest movements, elections and general social shifts in the world stage make it feel like there's an actual light at the end of the tunnel instead of a death spiral into ever increasing degrees of suck. Which also isn't perfect, but it still feels like a step up and that makes me feel somewhat better about things.

I also bought socks with some degree of enthusiasm today, which is probably a sign that I'm an adult and therefore terrifying.
  6. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

i'm not sure you have the authority to do this zaven

i'm going to have to order a chatvestigation [better pun pending]
  7. inexpediency

chatvestigation complete. zaven was actually secret king of the internet this whole time

sorry about that your eminence
  8. Almost Human

I have so much Chinese food and am so drunk
  9. Triangle Man

Nice. I got well-fed at work tonight, and now I'm just tired. Also, Zaven cannot be the secret King of the Internet if you tell everyone that, Inex. Internet Private Eyes need to have more discretion than that!
  10. inexpediency

yeah but i'm not an official internet private eye so it's fine, triangle man (or should i say steve buscemi)
  11. Captain Zaven

inex is letting the drama llama out of its cage, and it is biting down the hedges of secrecy which bind us all

this has my regal appreciation, and inex is promoted to royal PI
  12. inexpediency

cool

who wants to join the royal PI in a secret plot to overthrow zaven
  13. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

me

if we talk in spoiler tags he can't read them

that is definitely how it works
  14. inexpediency

thats true
  15. Triangle Man

Well then, Inex, assuming that you actually possess this sort of information, power and plans, then I just have one thing to say to you...

I really enjoyed my work on Con Air and The Big Lewbowski. And Monsters Inc.
  16. im showing up here to say one thing and one thing only

ya'll are fucking nerds
  17. Almost Human

I want to be the town drunk of the internet, it's a goal I've been working towards since I was but a wee child. Being a drunk means I'm easily enticed to the other side of the conflict, but it also means I'll be of little use. It's kind of the greatest; no morals and no obligations
  18. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

You say we can chat about that....but can we chat about this???

What is "that" without "this" but a lonely indirect indicator, bereft of purpose and meaning.
    ...Why don't we chat about that?

Also cats I guess
  19. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  20. Captain Zaven

why is everyone posting things in spoiler tags, it's a well known fact that royalty doesn't know how to click open spoilers

but i have my henchmen do it for me and read them aloud just so you know
    INEX I'M LOOKIN AT YOU
    darth vader is luke's father