[Bug Reporting]

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Answers' started by Almost Human, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Is the Forum acting up? You may have found a bug! Tell me about it, I may be able to help. Who am I?

Almost Human: Lvl 10 Bug Bludgenor

[​IMG]

Level Ten? What are you a programmer?

Nope, just really good at sniping ants in Fallout. I am not a techy, In fact, if there is a problem I will be googling the shit out of it and hoping it's something that can be solved with a public school education and two years of art school. So if you know, or can suggest, any solutions to your own problems, that would probably be a huge help.

Solve the problems for you? What are we paying you for?

My wit, Charm and rugged good looks. Professional tech support costs extra, so until my outrageous rates are met (and really I doubt they ever will be. I mean, where are you going to get a war unicorn trained in classical ballet in this day and age?), I'm going to ask that everyone be really patient with all this. We're just volunteering to keep this place going and most of us have jobs and other obligations, and I may be the one with a PH.D in Forum Creation, please bear in mind that is just something I made up and stuck on my wall to look impressive. But boy does it look impressive!

But my problem is more important than your job, video games or trips to theme parks!

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over my 16 hour work day playing Left 4 Dead on a roller-coaster. You'll have to wait until the ride comes to a complete stop to treat me like a slave.

Now let's cut the chatter get this bug hunt underway!
  2. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

I tried to make a post in all caps but

when it posted, everything was lower caps

is this intentional, or am i just dumb

E. and i just tried to do it again, same result. Anti spammin measures or something?
  3. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

I'm gonna have to say that's intentional,
    probably one of the vB default settings.
  4. there's a spider in my room help
  5. inverted L-block

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and feed him forever (provided he has the energy and resources...
    and hasn't killed all the fish where he lives, and doesn't die of food poisoning)

I feel this falls under the same principle spook.
    I would roll up a news paper and give it to you,
    but that also falls under that principle.

/lets spider outside
  6. Almost Human

Yep it is a default setting, I'll talk to Bandages about turning it off, I had no idea that vBulletin had a 'No Shouting' policy!
  7. Bandages

Bandages Dr. Stringz

OKAY NOW IT WORKS
  8. Phosphorus

Phosphorus Guest

Can't seem to upload pictures for hard drive.

It allows you to select them, you press upload.... and then nothing. It doesn't insert them, and the only option is to exit the window.
  9. Almost Human

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're trying to do, what do you mean upload pictures for hard drive?
  10. Phosphorus

Phosphorus Guest

Eep, from. From my hard drive. I can not upload pictures from it. My hard drive. The pictures that is.

Also tested, cannot seem to upload pictures from the web either. Gives me an "invalid URL" each time.
  11. inverted L-block

12. Blueberry

Blueberry boobs are always relevant

i have a bug to report

[04:12] beBlueberry: that
    [04:14] beBlueberry: is ter — i stopped mid-word because THERE WAS A FUCKING SPIDER ON MY KEYBOARD
    [04:14] beBlueberry: AND THEN I RAN AWAY AND IT WENT INTO THE BED and then shelby squished it!!! because she is my hero.

UPDATE: SHELBY LIED ABOUT SQUISHING IT AND SHE DIDN'T SEE WHERE IT WENT AND IT WAS ON ME AUUUUUGH but then she squished it for reals. i think.
  13. inverted L-block

You skipped the best minute of some person's life.
  14. Blueberry

there's actually a 4:13 line in the chatlog but it's Zaven talking about how sexy Sean Connery is so I cut it out for irrelevance.
  15. inverted L-block

It might be irrelevant to bugs,
    but it's highly relevant to my interests.
  16. Blueberry

[04:12] captainzaven: SEAN CONNERY IS SO SEXY THAT HE GOT THE PART BY CONVINCING IAN FLEMING'S GIRLFRIEND OF HIS SEX APPEAL
    [04:12] beBlueberry: that
    [04:13] captainzaven: "However, Fleming's girlfriend told him Connery had the requisite sexual charisma."
    [04:14] beBlueberry: is ter — i stopped mid-word because THERE WAS A FUCKING SPIDER ON MY KEYBOARD
    [04:14] beBlueberry: AND THEN I RAN AWAY AND IT WENT INTO THE BED and then shelby squished it!!! because she is my hero.
    [04:14] captainzaven: you should post that in the bug reporting thread
    [04:14] captainzaven: :mspa:
  17. inverted L-block

interest's fulfilled :D
    You may now access the bug spray cabinet.
  18. atomic

atomic ⓛ̸ⓘ҉̀͝ⓣ̸҉ⓔⓡ͜ⓐ̸ⓛ͞ⓛ͡͏ⓨ ͏͡͠ ̀

e: OLOLOL NVM

my sig of course showed up when i posted in the bug place u- u

e2: wait does it only show up in posts you've made after you've changed your sig :0a
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  19. Almost Human

It seems that way. That's kind of an interesting feature. Should we look into changing it or is that an okay setup?
  20. inverted L-block

Biggest bug i've ever seen on the internet ever right here.
    possibly a bug...
    probably not a bug.

Anyways, when I rename a thread, it just renames the first post of a thread, not the actual thread itself...
    not sure why :(