Battle Quest 1: The Birth of a Hero!

Discussion in 'Multi-Media Adventures' started by Grandmaster Shaq, Nov 10, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

You partially awaken to find you are laying on the ground, with a sore head, and in pitch blackness...

Oh, no wait, your eyes are closed. The other stuff is still true though. Would you like to play the tutorial, or simply do whatever you feel like and hope for the best?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

> Tutorial, Please and Thank You!
  3. [​IMG]

The tutorial is now activated. Key information will be displayed whenever relevant the first time. In fact, the tutorial is telling you something important right now!

BASIC COMMANDS
    When not in battle, it is possible to simply enter any form of command. Some actions will simply be performed, some may be questioned, and some may require SOMETHING to complete, or a more specific command. To enter commands, simply preface them with a ">". To simply continue automatically, use "=>" instead.

MENUS
    There are two basic menus which can be opened: the character menu, and the game menu. The character menu opens to the submenus of INVENTORY, STATUS, EQUIPMENT, and UPGRADES. The game menu offers SAVE, LOAD, and SETTINGS, however, in battle, QUICK SAVE replaces SAVE. The character menu can not be opened in battle, but the game menu can.

With this entirely useful information now known, you should probably consider getting up. Or, you know, chilling like this for a while. The cold floor is actually slightly soothing to your massive headache.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  4. Triangle Man

> Yeah, we're getting up from the floor now, okay?_
  5. [​IMG]

Well, now you're standing! But your eyes are still closed because your head is REALLY SORE. You'll probably want to rub it for a few moments. Anyways, for the sake of getting a good look at you, we'll try something else...

>Change Perspective
    [​IMG]

Ah, now we can see our protagonist! He's rubbing his head in pain and gritting. Not a particularly good moment, but hey, at least we know what we're working with.

Yeah... let's see if we can get moving. Maybe something in our surroundings will prove useful? Or at least reveal why our protagonist's head is so sore in the first place!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  6. Triangle Man

>Well, let's pull out the camera a bit, shall we?

...I mean, may as well. See what we're up against and all that._
  7. [​IMG]

Brilliant idea! Now we can see... that there's a mystery door. With a red question mark on it. And no handle.

Alright, well, judging from the lack of landscape, let's just assume that you're not here naturally. As a matter of fact, you should probably stop thinking about your sore head and start figuring out how to get out of here!
  8. Triangle Man

>Look around the room.

Also, punch the door._
  9. [​IMG]

Well, this area is certainly empty. There's not even walls. Where are you?

[​IMG]

Your frustration at this situation is more than you can handle. You need to take out your anger, and this stupid door is conveniently here. You unleash a mighty PUNCH...

=>
    [​IMG]

You hurt your hand badly. It's really sore! Strangely enough, you swear you hear chuckling, but you searched the room left and right! The door begins to glow ominously, and lets out with a MIGHTY and INTOXICATED voice...

"Ow..."

It sounds ALMOST HUMAN, but not quite.
  10. Triangle Man

>Talk to the Door. What's it's deal?_
  11. [​IMG]

DIALOGUE ENTRY
    Mystery Door: Ok, lishen up! I'm the door that will be your SALVATION or DEMISE. kinda depends on context, but whatever. Anyways, I'll ask ya three questions, then ya just go on through me like men in a whorehouse. Oh yeah, you can also choose to answer another question afterwards to get an item of VAST IMPORTANCE, and you missed a huge portion of the plot by not looking up. I mean, you could look up, but there's no point now. It's all gone. Whoosh. Like fucking wind. Or a ghost. Or magic. Now hurry up and get ready for the questions.
  12. Triangle Man

> Fuck you door, you don't tell me what to do.

I'm going to look up now, okay? Okay!

Then I'll answer your questions!_
  13. Nopad

Nopad Guest

>practice your dunks
  14. [​IMG]

Who the hell does this door think you are? You turn away from it in a dignified manner and look straight up. You see nothing, but you have shown you don't take nothing from nobody. You know, if you had SAVED earlier, you might have been able to LOAD and see what was going on. But who cares? You know, you might need to check your MENUS later to familiarize yourself with them. But that can wait while you...

[​IMG]

You prepare to practice your DUNKS, but lack the means to do so. I mean, how can you dunk with no rock? Fucking ridiculous is what that is. It does remind you of THE MOST INCREDIBLE DUNK EVER, of which you have practiced to a degree you think. Of course, there is NO CHANCE A SITUATION NEEDING THAT will arise. You decide instead to just go ahead and answer these questions so you can get out of this weird limbo place. Naturally you do it in a nonchalant manner.

DIALOGUE ENTRY
    ???: Ok, what's the questions? I have other things I can be doing.

Mysterious Door: Oh really? Like what?

???:...

Mysterious Door: Yeah, thought so. Anyways, here are your three necessary questions: WHAT IS YOUR NAME? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRUIT? DO YOU PREFER BLACK, WHITE, OR GREY? Those are the question you need to answer to get through me. Lemme know if you want that other one for the item.

Well, the questions seem ABSURDLY SIMPLE. So what are your answers?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  15. Triangle Man

> 1) Check Menus, save immediately.

...Although it kills me that I can't figure out what's going on here.

2) My responses are 'Donatello', 'Oranges' and 'Grey' in that order._
  16. [​IMG]

This is the GAME MENU which has THREE OPTIONS AND NO MORE SO DON'T BOTHER. You immediately save your game when a new tutorial entry pops up.

GAME SAVES
    In BATTLE QUEST, you are given ten basic save slots. These slots can be written over, but know that there will only be ten spots. There are only five quicksave slots, so make note of this when saving in battles.

[​IMG]

This is the CHARACTER MENU, which obviously controls aspects of your character. Right now you only look at you inventory (which is sadly empty) because you have no motivation to look at the other three menus. Anyways, once more a tutorial window pops up.

INVENTORY
    Characters are only able to carry twenty-five items NOT EQUIPPED at a time. While in the inventory, you are able to INSPECT an item for more details, USE an item, GIVE items, and COMBINE items. Certain items can be stacked allowing more items to be held, but this does not apply to all objects.

[​IMG]

You answer the question with AMAZING NONCHALANTNESS, when all of a sudden it disappears! This turn of events leaves you slightly stunned, and more than a little confused. Since there is now a hole in all this EMPTINESS, you should maybe go through? Or would that be a bad idea? Really, you don't have many options. How should you proceed?
  17. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Turn and run into the endless white void
  18. Triangle Man

>No, there's probably something terrible in that void.

Go through the door of doom instead._
  19. [​IMG]

This door worries you. You prepare to run like hell the other way when an ominous roar props you to try the door after all. You rush in with a WHOOSH and land on your face. You must like pain.

[​IMG]

You lay face-down on the floor with your eyes shut. Also, you've apparently shifted back to first-person. Here comes a nice tutorial window to tell you all about it...

PERSPECTIVE
    Sometimes in the game, you will be forced to change perspectives. Depending on the situation, you may or may not be able to switch back. There will also be times where it is easier to switch perspectives to see things, such as PUZZLES AND BULLSHIT. Always keep an open mind on what perspective you'll need.
  20. Triangle Man

>Well, the obvious thing to do is to open our eyes up right now, correct?_