[Almost Human] Vector/Vectoria

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Images here are watermarked and low res, but I need design opinions because colours and text are not my forte.

This is the first in a series:

Texture, yes or no?
Text okay?
Colours?
TELL ME YOUR BRAIN THOUGHTS

Bandages

Dr. Stringz
Honest Silvers
texture v. yes
font/text v. yes
colors good oj/blu contrast yo

top one is better I think, but I like the color of the skyscrapers in the bottom one a bit more

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
That was a much quicker response than I expected!
Unfortunately it's the texture I have that changed the colour of the bottom buildings so I'm not sure if I can fund a way to preserve that colour AND have it textured, but I will have to try!
Also looking at it now, I think I have to change the little man a bit, his legs look pretty weird....

catGenes

Got a spooky feline
Honest Silvers
The first one looks more like the sort of...World-Of-Tomorrow old-sci-fi style I think you were going for, but I personally like the bottom one better. Just clearer to me, I guess.

I like me some bright colours though, so on second thoughts, ignore my preference. =3

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Cat: That's my issue too. I love the old look and feel, which is why I picked that style, but I also adore over saturation and crazy colours.
I am torn!
But I think I will go textured, maybe if I ever sell prints (psh yeah okay:p ) I'll offer both but for this series I think I will try out all textured.
I think I found a way to make SCIENCE pop more, fixed the little man, will post in a moment.
I also made a logo that I was going to stick on each poster but I just couldn't make it work on here. Again, I'm indecisive, between lines or no.

(oops forgot to watermark. Sorry about the watermarks guys, I trust you but I've been warned that someone less trustworthy may be following me again)

I probably wont use it for anything, but it's fun to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical

Okay at this low of res, you can't really see the difference in SCIENCE but in the high res version it's noticeable.
I think at least.

catGenes

Got a spooky feline
Honest Silvers
I am jealous of your arts. They are so clean and awesome!

But I do prefer the lines on the rocket. More pop.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional in any way at all so feel free to disregard!

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
That's the beauty of vector art, it's all so clean and tight.
I loves me some vector work!

And do not even worry, I am not looking for pro opinions, just honesty from people with functioning eyesight. You don't need a bachelors in fine arts to know if something looks terrible!
So keep it coming! :)

He said fully erect

/kill self
Honest Silvers
yeah, the text there looks way better. the logo seems a bit busy by logo standards. i'd ditch the shading, personally, just to go more minimal with it

K

Kamikaze Scotsman

I like the right rocket better, but I think maybe a tiny bit more contrast, maybe? It seems just a little flat.

The revised science poster is awesome and beautiful and I would buy one. It kind of make me think of Bender.

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
HSFE: Minimal is usually better with logos, maybe that's why I couldn't make it fit? Maybe I'll see if it will go anywhere in the next one, if it does I might try to fit it in here too.
I love digital work, you can always go back and edit haha.

KS: Yeah I don't know why, but a lot of my work tends to be low contrast. It's something I'm working on fixing but I always lean that way unless I purposely force myself otherwise. It's really weird!
He does kind of have a bender feel to him. I think it's probably the arms. Or the rounded head? Whoops, none of that way probably on purpose haha.
Prints do sound like a fun way to pay the bills...maybe I'll look into it.

Either way, up next is MATH!

kaos

Currently doing Nanowrimo (<-Shame badge)
Honest Silvers
I think math is evil and should be kicked in the fork.

good luck though!

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Shoot I had such a clear vision for the math one when I was drunk and now I can't make heads or tails of my sketches!

K

Kamikaze Scotsman

Does this help (do you even remember posting it?):
Oh and another one with cartoon ghosts that says "MATH! It's like magic but with numbers!"
I also hope you make the other idea you mentioned:
One of my poster ideas involves a guy uppercutting a (possibly robot) dinosaur and it just says something like "Every journey begins with the first step" or something else generic.

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
OoOo yeah! Thank you! I knew I had mentioned it somewhere but I couldn't find it when I looked back through the chat.
I'm not going to lie, I suck at searching threads.
And yes, the dinosaur one! I have a pretty clear sketch of that, but admittedly I thought it was for a different project so I set it aside. Maybe I'll make that one the reading one....

inexpediency

new fish
Ruler of this [CHAT]
Honest Silvers
If I were a teacher I would buy all of these posters and hang them in my classroom (regardless of what subject I taught)

Actually I would probably buy them all anyway, if I had any dollas.

Almost Human

Mightest of the Drunks
Bürgermeister
Honest Silvers
Status
Rhetorical
Well if I do put them up for sale, I promise that they wont cost much.
Apparently profiting off my art is something that sickens me, since I keeping suggesting lower prices for my commissions than what's offered, because I'm an idiot haha.
Although I have no idea what printing costs + shipping would equal out to. I'm making them to be 11 X 17 but you know, vectors can always go bigger or smaller with few issues.